Vacancy title: Compliance Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Accounting , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, May 26 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, May 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) is a self-regulated membership body, established under the Accountants Act of 1982 and as amended in the Accountants Act No. 13 of 2008 has the primary mandate of regulating and promoting the accountancy profession in Zambia. The Vision of ZICA is “A reputable leader in developing finance and business professionals”
Its Mission is “To protect public interest through the regulation of the accountancy profession to the satisfaction of stakeholders”
The Core Values of the Institute are:
“Integrity, Professionalism, Customer Centric, Accountability, Excellence,
The Institute would like to recruit an outstanding, results-oriented and self-motivated; versatile and professional individual of high personal integrity with appropriate academic and professional qualifications and experience.
PURPSOSE OF THE JOB
The Compliance Officer is expected to investigate professional misconduct against
ZICA members, students and practicing firms. The employee will be expected to work in liaison with the Disciplinary Committee. The Officer will also be required to provide legal advice on all Legal matters for the Institute.
The Compliance Officer is accountable to the Practice Review Manager.
Under investigation responsibilities, the Compliance Officer will be required to be carrying out the following duties but not limited to: -
• Receiving complaints against members, students and practicing firms;
• Investigating cases and making submission to the Standards and Regulatory Board for submission to the Disciplinary Committee;
Preparation of Documents
• The Officer will be responsible for preparation of relevant documents relating to summons, witnesses and subjects of complaints;
• Administration and Minute Management Record Keeping
• The Officer will be required to be keeping an updated database of all minutes of the deliberations of the Disciplinary Committee on compliance files;
Development of Draft Rulings
• It will be the duty of the Compliance Officer to prepare draft rulings based on the
• Disciplinary Committee’s deliberations for finalization by the Disciplinary Committee;
• Communicating decisions of the Disciplinary Committee
• The Officer will be responsible for sending letters informing all parties to complaints of the decisions of the Disciplinary Committee;
• Issuing Rulings to Newspapers
• Publishing in Newspapers rulings of disciplinary action against members, students and practicing firms;
• Keeping an updated database of all complaints with the stage at which they have reached;
• Prosecuting cases
• With the consent of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), prosecute offences pursuant to the provisions of the Accountants Act.
• Carrying out research on Legal matters affecting the Institute;
• Legal advice
• Providing advice to the Institute on all legal matters;
• Carrying out administrative duties such as arranging meetings, taking departmental minutes to ensure that the activities of the directorate are well documented;
• Carrying out any duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Director and ChiefExecutive Officer.
• The Compliance Officer will be required to prepare statements and other reports for
• Management attention on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
QUALIFIATIONS /SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB)
• Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with six credits or better, English and Mathematics a must;
• Advocate of the High Court of Zambia and Member of LAZ with 3 years post qualifying experience;
• Valid Legal Practicing Certificate;
• Ability to write comprehensive technical reports, legal opinions and legal drafting;
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
• Computer literate
• Well- developed management skills;
• Well-developed analytical/ problem Solving skills in order to be able to evaluate information or situations;
• Integrity and honesty;
• Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines on time
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
1. Applications with copies of Academic and Professional Certificates should be sent as one PDF document.
2. All applications should be sent via email. No Post Office posted application letters and hand delivered hard Copies will be accepted.
If you are interested and meet the stated requirements, you may send a motivation letter accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) electronically. Indicate three traceable professional/work related referees with working contact Cell Phone numbers addressed to: -
The Chief Executive Officer
Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants,
Thabo Mbeki Road,
P O Box 32005,
The closing date for receiving applications is 26th May, 2023 by 17:00 hours
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.