Jobs at:Barrick Gold Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, November 20 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly motivated and committed employee for the position of Cost Accountant to join the versatile Finance team. We are in search of an individual who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
• Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
• Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
• Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
• Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
• Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
• Committing to Zero Harm
• Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
Reporting to the Management Accountant, you will be assisting the Management Accountant in ensuring that the organization’s accounting policies, procedures and standards are implemented effectively and, in a manner, consistent with the efficient and timely capturing of financial information and compliance with applicable international accounting standards.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and cost reports.
• Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather cost-related data.
• Analyse variances between budgeted and actual costs.
• Conduct cost analysis to identify cost-saving opportunities.
• Implement cost control measures to improve profitability.
• Ensure compliance with accounting and financial policies, procedures, and standards.
• Provide recommendations to improve financial performance.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
• Full Grade 12 School certificate
• Degree in Accounting/Finance/Commerce, Full ACCA/CIMA/ZICA or Equivalent.
• A member of ZICA.
• Minimum of 2 years in accounting and finance
• Proficient in ERP and Microsoft office suite application, previous experience in SAP is an added advantage
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and show a commitment to understand local culture
What We Can Offer You:
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
• The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
• Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues
• Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organisation
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Applicants that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs to the Job Portal link: http://jobs.barrick.com/.
• Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
• Barrick offers employment opportunities to both qualified women and men.
• Women who meet the above qualification are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Closing date for receipt of applications is 10th November 2023. If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
• ‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
• Lumwana Mining Company does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
• interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.