Country Program Associate
Deadline of this Job:
12 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Country Program Associate, Zambia Country Program
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
The Country Program Associate, based in Lusaka, will provide a full range of administrative support services to the Zambia Country Program Leadership Team, including scheduling travel and event arrangements, internal staff relations, external liaison, and correspondences for the Country Program Leader. S/he will also provide support to the Senior Management Team with respect to group meetings and other assignments.
• Serve as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison for the Country Program leader.
• Support the Country Program Leader in managing and fulfilling his/her role as PATH representative to local and international organizations.
• Manage the Country Program Leader’s calendar, working with internal and external contacts to prioritize and schedule meetings and teleconferences; compile and organize relevant background materials for meetings; and monitor action items assigned and other follow-up activities.
• Assist the Country Program Leader with planning for travel and preparing travel advances and expense reports.
• Support the Country Program Leader towards ensuring positive staff relations, facilitate communication and participation.
• Assist the Leadership Team in the coordination and development of documents and communication material including internal/external correspondence, talking points, proposals, reports, tables, basic graphics, MS related data and PowerPoint presentations to ensure quality and accuracy of information.
• Provide appropriate administrative support on sensitive and confidential issues and help manage the flow of activity on actions originating from the Country Program Leadership Team.
• Serve as lead organizer to coordinate regular Senior Management Team meetings, manage scheduling, take notes, and create action items/follow-up lists.
• Schedule and organize regular and ad hoc meetings with members of the global PATH
• Support conferences and meetings at the request of the Country Program Leader, including issuing invitations, visa requests or renewal, work permit requests/renewal, arrangements for guests, venue selection, meeting rooms, AV, and conference call set-up.
• Help manage and aggregate the Management Information Systems from across the different direct reports to the Country Program leader.
• Manage designated tasks for projects and events as assigned.
• Diploma/Degree in Business Administration or related fields.
• Minimum of three (03) to seven (07) years of relevant work experience in similar organizational/functional context.
• Excellent computer skills using MS Office Suite required; high-level proficiency in creating and editing documents in Word and PowerPoint, creating and maintaining Box sites and SharePoint sites, required; additional software experience highly preferred.
• Proven success in drafting and editing documents; proofreading abilities is a plus.
• Excellent English writing and speaking skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, well-organized, and keen attention to detail.
• Proven success in working in a team environment with minimal supervision.
• Excellent demonstrated experience managing a complex, dynamic schedule, and competing sets of proven agility to adjust to changing schedules and keep up to date and on time.
• Demonstrated ability to work with virtual teams including effective use of Microsoft Teams, Zoom, web conferencing, videoconferencing, and teleconferencing. Appreciation for challenges of managing across multiple time zones.
• Collaborative working style with the ability to independently initiate and coordinate projects.
• High integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated commitment to PATH’s mission and values.
Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job LocationLusaka, Lusaka, ZambiaCompany LocationLusaka, ZambiaPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36 12:00:00 AM Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.