Jobs at:VisionFund Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
07 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose Of The Position: Credit Analyst
The job holder will be responsible for:
Credit Assessment: To review the company credit control procedures, develop and implement enhancements where required. Prepare and make credit recommendations by underwriting new credit transactions. Be the Secretary for the HQ Credit Committee. Ensure CRB submissions are done on time and that loans are not disbursed without CRB reports and HOCC minutes.
Delinquency Management & Debt Recovery: To provide effective strategies of delinquency management and maximize debt collection. Enforce on time repayments by providing daily dues report to branches on SME portfolio.
Compliance and Internal Controls: To ensure compliance to credit policies and procedures; regulatory provisions.
Credit Risk Management: To develop strategies that will mitigate credit risk exposures timely repayment of loans and low loan loss rate. Compile a list of potential write offs and work with branches to provide justifications.
Portfolio Risk Management: To ensure that loan portfolio is safeguard by implementing effective portfolio management policies and procedures on the SME portfolio.
SME Product: Act as the focal person for the SME product
1. Credit Assessment:
• Review submitted loan application file to analyze, interpret and evaluate financial information and loan documentation to assess borrower capacity, cash flows, character, collateral and condition to honor its obligations.
• Determine which risk factors pertain to the lending decision within the context of each borrower’s situation and the loan product parameters, then appropriately adjust the factor weightings to produce the outcome.
• Coordinate activities of all Credit Committees on SME loans.
• Conduct credit ratio analysis regularly to determine the efficiency and profitability of the loan facilities.
• Ensure all SME loans collaterals are perfected before loan disbursement to the client account.
2. Delinquency Management & Debt Recovery:
• Daily tracking of arrears and due for SME loans.
• Daily monitoring of Portfolio quality 1 day and 30 days.
• Maintaining an appropriate credit administration, measurement and monitoring process
• Work closely with RMs and COO to ensure portfolio quality is improving daily on SME loans.
• Ensure loan repayment agreements are maintained for SME the respective branches.
• Conduct age analysis and take remedial action on the SME and salaried loan portfolio performance
• Ensure the monthly target for SME loans are achieved including arrears.
3. Compliance and Internal controls:
• Ensure the enforcement and compliance to credit policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Timely detection and prevention of embezzlement / fraud
• Closely monitoring the usage of CRB
• Enforce 100% CRB usage
• Closely follow through Branch system issues and disbursements.
4. Credit Risk Management:
• Manage, monitor and evaluate credit risk exposures.
• Ensure that loan sizes and terms do not make repayment difficult
• Proper assessment of credit worthiness before loan approval.
• Encourage product diversification to hedge risk through SME and personal loan lending
• Adequacy and enforceability of collaterals
• Check track record and repayment history of the client by using among other means CRB
5. SME Portfolio Management:
• Prevent de-capitalization of the portfolio (through proactive SME and personal lending)
• Ensure that field and operations team act swiftly so as to tackle with the problem loans at the earliest
• Strengthen client selection criteria so that further cases of delinquency could be screened at the initial stage.
• Develop effective SME and Reporting system.
• Position the product with an image that delinquency is unacceptable
• Ensure that portfolio growth is commensurate with systems
• Develop market led products and services
6. (5%) And any other duties that may be assigned by the COO or CEO from time to time.
• Minimum 3-5 years credit and financial experience in MFI/ bank lending, community development, credit analysis or loan review.
• BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics and related professional qualification.
• Strong knowledge of small business, non profit, commercial real estate loans including appraisals and land surveys.
• Thorough knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis and balance sheet analysis.
• Good analytical skills.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
• Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach
• Very good communication and marketing skills
• Good knowledge in economic and financial topics
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications should be sent to-
The People & Culture Manager
Plot 6810, Chiwalamabwe road Olympia,
P.O. Box 33911
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.