Vacancy title: Credit & Collections Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:eShagi Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
03 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
• To design and implement effective collections strategies and tactical interventions to ensure proper management of credit risk.
• Ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action or sanction in respect of regulatory breaches.
• To create a core competency in strategic Customer Debt Management methodologies that enables sound collection management.
• Timeous identification and actioning of arrears to minimize non-performing loans.
• To control and improve provision adequacy, roll rates and costs through the introduction of best practice and maintaining appropriate and uniform Customer Debt Management policies and practices across all portfolios.
• To build a sound and effective partnership model with Credit, Business and outsourced parties.
• Deliver high quality daily operational reports for timeous decision-making.
• Attend and provide input to all relevant credit committees.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
1. Credit Granting Process
Collecting of payments on irregular accounts
Follow-up of irregular accounts
Preparation of credit life claims
Negotiating and monitoring of repayment plans
Monitoring outsourced collections
Ensure timely submission of reports to Credit Manager.
2. Risk Management
Meet budget set for Collections/recoveries
Rehabilitate non performing accounts
Investigate actions taken to proactively engage client prior to moving of account to Debt collectors.
3. Relationships and Partnership
Responsible for liaising with Debt Collectors
Provide leadership to staff in terms of recruitment, performance management, development and discipline.
Compliance with policies, procedures and regulations
Ensure accuracy of all reports
5. Other Duties
Must be willing to perform any other duties assigned by the management.
Ability to work with diverse groups of people
Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Ability to execute fast.
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
At least 3 years general experience in a financial lending with 2 years’ experience in debt collection.
Computer literate are essential (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
Full Grade 12 certificate with credit or better in Mathematics and English
A tertiary qualification (Banking or Business-related course)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.