Vacancy title: Credit Controller (Telecoms[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Consulting , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
26 December 2022
Date Posted: Monday, December 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Credit Controller will coordinate the debts of existing creditors and handle the collection of finances and the resolution of account queries, raising sales invoices and issuing credit notes. Review and Submit a report that shows balances deemed to be possible irrecoverable bad debt for possible write-off.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Ensure internal and external audit review points are cleared on credit control as applicable and also attend to auditors.
• Be responsible for checking the customer’s credit situation and deciding whether or not to offer the credit
• Setting up the terms and conditions of the receivable and payable balances
• Dealing with internal queries about payments, ensuring customers pay on time and negotiating re-payment plans
• Review and update the department’s organizational structure and role description annually to ensure that they are fit for purpose and contain all the accountabilities of each team member.
• Making regular contact with customers to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary
• Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
• Handle disputed invoices and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed term
• Review the GL on all items captured and relate them to ensure that these are supported and accurate.
Overall Negotiation of payment terms with customers and ensure that customers pay on time and chase any overdue
• Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal queries
• Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment
• Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
• Propose to write off of irrecoverable receivables
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Attention to detail
• Sound Decision Making
• Problem Solving Skills
• Good Interpersonal Skills
• Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
• Good Business Judgement
• Ability to work under pressure
Qualification and Experience
• Full or Finalist of CA Zambia, ACCA or CIMA
• Degree in Finance or Accounting
• Minimum of 7+ years working experience as a Credit Controller.
• Billing Management working experience will be a plus
• Well-vested in Laws and Policies Regarding Debt Recovery
• Proven ability in performing Customer Account Reconciliations
• Good understanding of SAP
• Must be a member of ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to : firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.