Vacancy title: Credit Guarantee Counsultant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Short Term Technical Assistance
Credit Guarantee Consultant
USAID Zambia Enterprise Development and Growth Enhanced (EDGE) Activity
Performance Period: January 1 – June 30, 2023
Approximate Level of Effort (LOE): 45 days
Application submission deadline: December 31, 2022
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development, and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. For more information, go to www.acdivoca.org
The USAID Enterprise Development and Growth Enhanced (EDGE) Activity seeks to increase the profitability of agricultural small and medium enterprises (SMEs) by addressing their key constraints including limited business management skills, use of technology (including IT), access to local and regional markets, and affordable finance. EDGE targets SMEs that work in Central, Eastern, and Lusaka provinces in the following value chains: horticulture (to include annual fruits and vegetables), honey, poultry (to include layers, broilers and village chickens), aquaculture, groundnuts, animal feed (maize, soya beans, sunflower). EDGE’s key performance contract targets are: 1) Increase sales by at least 20% by June 2023 and another 20% from June 2023 to June 2025; 2) Increase profitability by at least 15% by June 2023 and another 15% from June 2023 to June, and 2025; 3) EDGE SMEs must independently access finance.
EDGE seeks support in providing technical leadership to our partner, The Zambia National Advisory Board for Impact Investment (NABII). NABII is a non-profit organization created to accelerate the growth and effectiveness of the impact investment ecosystem in Zambia. NABII has recently signed an MOU with the Bank of Zambia regarding the establishment of a Credit Risk Guarantee Scheme (CRGS). The project is still at design stage and the consultant will play a key role in developing the CRGS’ design and implementation roadmap.
1. Technical design of CRGS
• Lead technical design of the CRGS
• Engage with NABII and stakeholders to identify key success factors for the CRGS and how those can be included in the design
• Liaise with all the key stakeholders as necessary to ensure CRGS is appropriately placed within market (financial institutions, central bank, BDS providers, etc.)
• Liaise with technology providers and aggregators providing services to interrogate the feasibility of connecting SMEs in the informal sector with the formal finance sector
• Assess other credit risk guarantees in Zambia and suggest how the CRGS can build on lessons learned and identify new areas of opportunity
• Identify key success factors for the CRGS including the role of BDS and any potential risks
2. Submits design to NABII and stakeholders for approval
• Present design to NABII and stakeholders for approval
• Where necessary, incorporate feedback from NABII and stakeholders into the design
3. Create an implementation schedule for CRGS
• Upon approval of the technical design, develop a detailed roadmap for implementation for the CRGS including approximate timeline
• Identify necessary manpower/womanpower necessary for implementation
• Identify any other costs related to establishing the CRGS
4. Submit implementation plan to NABII and stakeholders or approval
The consultant will provide the following deliverables, with payment contingent on EDGE’s acceptance:
No. / Description Period/Due / Payment terms
1. Approved technical design(Covers Tasks 1 and 2) – 30 days-50%
2. Approved implementation roadmap(Covers Tasks 3 and 4) – 15 days-50%
• A degree in finance, economics, business studies, or other relevant qualifications
• At least 5 years of relevant experience
• Experience in Zambia’s financial sector, including identification of key bottlenecks to financing
• Understanding of how de-risking tools are used in finance, including familiarity with guarantees
• Strong experience in facilitating investments for SMEs
• Experience in agricultural lending and familiarity with common financial products used
• Ability to provide a sample of previous work in this area will be an added advantage
• Understanding of the use of technology in SME de-risking will be an added advantage
The consultant will report to the EDGE COP and shall work closely with the Access to Finance Director, as well as relevant EDGE staff, NABII and key stakeholders.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The interested consultant should submit the following to ZambiaProcurement@ZambiaEdge.org by December 31, 2022: 1) CV specifically responding to required qualifications
Only shortlisted candidates considered for an interview and proposal presentation will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Remark: The consultant will be bound by terms and conditions of ACDI/VOCA upon contract signing.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.