Deadline of this Job:
Monday, November 06 2023
Date Posted: Monday, October 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Credit and Collections Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the company’s credit and collection department. He/she will accountable for developing and implementing policies and procedures for the credit and collections department, training and managing a team of credit and collections specialists, reviewing account receivables on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and compliance, establishing credit limits for new and existing customers
Planning And Governance
• Ensure policies and procedures are adequate
• Revise policies regularly to ensure alignment to internal and regulatory changes
• Ensure responsibilities/tasks are well defined and level of authority and approval are clearly defined for each credit staff in the entire credit process
• Ensure sufficient and competent resources are available and placed appropriately
• Put in place clear communication channels for policy communication to staff and training
• Ensure segregation of duties are well defined and access rights provided accordingly
• Create a functional organization structure.
• Put in place a proper success plan to ensure continuity
• Ensure loan credit appraisal process is well defined
• Evaluating the creditworthiness of potential customers
• Approval of within limit loan applications
• Ensure credit evaluation and affordability tests are performed diligently on each loan application
• Ensure completeness and validity of documents obtained before loan is approved;
• Ensure timely authorized disbursements for approved facilities
• Ensure compliance to all underwriting rules as per training environment
Credit Monitoring & Reporting
• Ensure data quality control and assurance process is well defined
• Ensure loan book tracking and accuracy of credit data of all disbursements, Interest accrual and repayments
• Develop and recommend reports that will ensure accurate reporting daily, weekly and monthly
• Ensure correct and accurate loan book, customer statements and age analysis reports
• Perform monthly reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness of loans processed, disbursed, collected funds, and accrued interest
Collections, Debt Management
• Ensure efficiency in collections – amounts due should be collected when they are due.
• Build and train effective collection teams and process to manage due and overdue payments
• Ensure preparation of accurate and timely loan deduction files are submitted to employers on time
• Create relationship with employers back office & Payroll staff for smooth collections
• Timely and accurate and timely assignment of payments to loan accounts
• Recommend bad debts to be written off with clear motivation to the CEO and Board
Loan Management System Fit
• Review regularly the system alignment on credit processes to the business and regulatory needs
• CV only.
• 2-3 years’ work experience in a Micro-financial sector as a senior or credit manager
• Credit Risk and Debt Collection experience
• Attention to details
• High integrity and ethical standards
• Excellent Leadership skills
• Credit Risk foresight
• Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 credits including English and Mathematics
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Credit Management/Finance, ACCA, CIMA/Risk Management
Please Provide The Additional Information On A Separate Schedule.
• What is your Salary Expectation?
• When are you ready to start
• Are you based in Lusaka?
• How long have you worked in the position you have applied for?
• Are you currently doing a similar job?
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.