Credit Origination Manager
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, October 16 2023
Date Posted: Monday, October 02 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To take responsibility of the full end to end process starting with client
engagements, initial socialization with credit/business, writing of the credit applications, presentation of credit papers, assisting the deal team with implementation and on-going management throughout the tenor of the facility. The role is limited to clients within the CIB and Mid-Corp Space.
• Management of Expired limits in CIB/Mid Corp Space
• Visitation of clients who have financing requirements
• Manage a specific portfolio of borrowing clients within specific sub sectors this includes:
• Providing client specific information for portfolio reporting
• Addressing any queries raised from auditors within that sub-sector
• Ensuring all credit files are up to date – and have met all the requirements as per audit
• Load all credit apps onto CASDM with the correct review dates and covenants
• Monitor and action covenants during the duration of a facility
• Originate all the deals that fall with assigned sub sectors. Deals within this space are generally larger and more complex with requirement being as follows:
• Run ratings and LGDs and motivate upgrades or downgrades where necessary through the application if qualitative factors, industry knowledge and macroeconomic fundamentals.
• Assist Business with the preparation of pre-screens and term sheets.
• Preparation and presentation of credit applications for final credit committee.
Knowledge and Experience
• A good understanding of CIB and Mid Corp credit processes, ratings and methodologies
• Ability to analyse financial statements to estimate the degree of risk in extending credit
• Good credit structuring skills and ability to model cash flows
• General knowledge of practical economics relating to business, industry and the Zambian macro-economic environment.
• Utilize relevant economic, financial and industry data to assess business performance and make recommendations to ensure continued growth, viability and competitive advantage within sensible risk parameters.
• Strong writing skills for reports and CIB/Mid Corp credit applications
• Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate a credit request to a credit committee
• Comprehensive understanding of business risks and the economic environment
• Product knowledge – with a focus on structured lending products, trade products including letters of credit and guarantees within Trade and working capital. In addition, knowledge is required around Investment Banking products with a bias towards term lending.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• Application Closing Date
• All appointments will be made in line with FirstRand Group’s Employment Equity plan. The Bank supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. In order for us to fulfill this purpose, candidates can disclose their disability information on a voluntary basis. The Bank will keep this information confidential unless we are required by law to disclose this information to other parties.
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.