Jobs at:ABSA Group
Deadline of this Job:
Date Posted:5/52023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. Manage the physical cash and foreign exchange bulk stock of the Branch
2. Perform any other duties as assigned by the line Manager.
CASH MANAGEMENT –FRONT LINE CASHIERS 70%
1. Responsible for managing the vault and all cash supplies on the tills (beginning and end of day and intra-day )as well as cash sorting and repatriation.
2. Monitor cash levels held by the cashiers and in the vault throughout the day to ensure that both elements are within limits s
3. Order Branch cash from cash provider or central Bank in accordance with limits set by the country head office.
4. Assist with daily reconciliation of Branch total cash. Immediately escalate all cash issues directly to the Team Leader Cash or Branch Manager in accordance with current procedures
5. Ensure cash is packed correctly by front line.
6. Carefully count all cash received or dispensed to ensure that errors are avoided .Barclays has a zero tolerance policy for teller errors and appropriate action will be taken, which may include formal disciplinary procedures.
CUSTOMER SERVICE 15%
1. Undertake cashier and enquiries duties as required in order to provide excellent customer service at the counter as back up only.
2. On occasion, own and manage customer queries and complaints by taking ownership and resolving in a timely manner.
3. Responsible for managing the cash in the ATM and all cash supplies to the ATM
4. Monitor cash levels in the ATM and replenish and ensure that ATMs are operating within Limits
5. Respond to ATM calls within 30 min
6. Order ATM cash from the vault
7. Reconciliation of ATM on a daily basis in the morning and before 13hrs daily
8. Ensure Cash is packed correctly and well sorted before feeding the ATMs
9. Carefully count the cash before loading into the ATM and ensure that the ATMs are balancing
10. Follow the ATM complaint management process and resolve ATM queries as per process
11. Undertake other ATM custodian duties as required in order to provide excellent services
12. Maintain ATM uptime at 98%
SALES LEADS 5%
1. Identify sales leads through reviewing income levels on customer statements, questioning customers when they mention specific needs and referring any new leads to Customer Advisors.
2. When specific sales campaigns are running in the Branch explain the campaign details in brief to customers, and direct them to the Personal bankers for further information.
3. Reconcile own till cash at the beginning and end of each day, as well as when cash is
1. Count the boxes in the safe custody area as part of the close of day Branch checks.
2. Ensure that all transaction records are kept meticulously and in accordance with Bank procedures .Make such documents available for review /control purposes when required.
3. Hold one of the two keys to the vault and/or strong room
4. Conduct snap checks as allocated by Branch operations Manager
1. Provide cover for Branch Managers at other outlets when required.
2. Provide honest, direct and constructive feedback to others.
3. Share knowledge experience and best practice with team members and other branch managers.
Contribution to the team 5%
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards.
Technical skills / Competencies
1. Excellent attention to detail
2. Good keyboard skills , especially on the numerical side
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
(relating to specialist knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role .May include knowledge of the banks product ,services and policies )
1. Detailed knowledge of the Banks process and rigour requirements related to cash
2. Cash handling knowledge 2 years experience as cashier
3. System knowledge
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Proven track record in dealing with physical cash
2. 2 years’ experience as cashier relevant diploma and degree
• TRAINING REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE
2. Customer service
3. Discipline and Grievance
4. Know your Customer/Suspicious Transaction Monitoring /Anti Money Laundering
5. Fraud Prevention Awareness
6. PC skills including Keyboard skills
7. Front line cashier systems
8. Product Training
9. Complaints Handling
10. Operations awareness
11. Front line cashiers system
12. Cashier Training
1. Customer service
2. PC skills including keyboard skills
3. Prouct training s
KEY ISSUES OVER THE NEXT 12-24 MONTHS
1. Completing the skills work book
Of exceptional aspects of demands of the role
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.