Vacancy title: Customer Service Advisor-Premier New Head Office Branch[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Banking , Category: Commercial Banks ]
Jobs at:ABSA Group
Deadline of this Job:
22 January 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 09, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
Dispense and receive cash and related instruments and provide customer service to walk-in branch Retail Customers.
CASH AND RELATED TRANSACTIONS 40% Outputs:
• Dispense and receive physical cash, cheques, drafts and other financial instruments over the counter to walk-in Prestige or Premier banking customers.
• Process foreign local currency cheques and other bureau de change transactions including buying or selling of notes, foreign drafts, money orders etc.
• Before processing each transaction, verify that all the required information for the transaction is accurate and complete in accordance with the bank’s procedures (for example when cashing a cheque, verify the date, bank name, customer’s ID and validity of the cheque, check amount number and amount in words agree, that customer has sufficient funds etc.). Refer any concerns to the Branch Manager for follow-up and decision-making on whether to proceed.
• Refer any transactions in excess of teller limits to the next level for authorization.
• Capture all transactions on the bank’s system and ensure that all transactions are properly authorized before processing.
• Carefully counts all cash received or dispensed to ensure that errors are avoided. Absa has a zero-tolerance policy for teller errors and appropriate action will be taken, which may include formal disciplinary procedures.
• Assist customers to correctly complete transaction documentation such as deposit or withdrawal slips to ensure accuracy and completeness of these documents.
ISSUING PHYSICAL ACCOUNT ITEMS 30%Outputs:
• Help customer’s complete Debit card application or replacement card request forms.
• Complete Debit/Credit Card order schedules and forward to Retail Support for checking and submission to card Centre.
• Issue Debit cards, cheque books, credit cards, pin numbers etc. to customers following the bank’s procedures.
• Follow-up with card Centre for any cards that have not been issued within the agreed turn-around times.
• Issue statements and balances to customers using the bank’s frontline system.
• Update account demographics such as address changes, name changes.
• Update standing order instructions based on information supplied by customers.
• File schedules and all customer instructions.
CUSTOMER SERVICE 20%O utputs:
• Provide advice to customers on the cash process to ensure the smooth flow of transactions.
• When directly receiving customer enquiries, attempt to resolve the enquiry at the first point of contact by using the bank’s systems. Only escalate to the Branch Manager when all other efforts have been exhausted to resolve the customer’s request.
• Explain the banks procedures, security requirements (such as the requirement to provide sufficient ID when transaction) as well as services to customers.
• Inform customers of the value of giving Feedback, including explaining to customers how the bank uses their feedback to improve service.
• Log all queries (including verbal, written, telephone-mail etc.) on the bank’s query BOC system
• Resolve queries – escalate where unable to resolve to Retail Support.
• Follow-up with operations when there are any outstanding requests for customer statements or other items.
SALES LEADS 5% Outputs:
• Identify sales leads through reviewing income levels on customer statements, questioning customers when they mention specific needs, and referring any new leads to Customer Advisors
• When specific sales campaigns are running in the branch, explain the campaign details in brief to customers, and direct them to the Customer Advisors for further information
• Support Personal bankers by calling and following up on leads referred to the branch by CLM team on optimus.
• Reconcile own till cash at the beginning and end of each day, as well as when cash is restocked or repatriated during the day.
• Open and close tills together with a second controller (usually the Branch Manager), including physically securing the till according to requirement set out (e.g. physically chaining the till).
• Throughout each day advise the Cash/ATM Custodian when teller cash limits are reached to enable them to restock or repatriate cash.
• Conduct snap checks as assigned by the Branch Manager from time to time.
• Ensure that all transaction records are kept meticulously and in accordance with bank procedures. Make such documents available for review/control purposes when required.
Reconcile all physical stock including ATM cards, cheque books, credit cards e.t.c in line with bank’s operating procedures
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.