Debt Collection Officer
Jobs at:Achire Business Support
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Achire’s is a Management services provider registered with PACRA. Our mission is to provide professional and reliable debt collection services, development of human capital and tools that assist our clients to efficiently reach their goals. As part of our expansion plan, we are inviting applications from suitably qualified, experienced, resourceful and self-motivated individuals to apply for the positions of Debt Collection Officer to be located either in Lusaka or the Copperbelt.
Main purpose of job:
This role of Debt Collection Officer reports to the Team Leader to which the job holder is attached. The role holder has the responsibility of ensuring that debt which is owed to clients is paid as quickly as possible. In addition, it is the officer’s job to contact other companies and individuals who are late making payments on products and services they have received.
• Timeous and adequate actioning of all allocated accounts in his/her portfolio using appropriate collections and recoveries strategies.
• Ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Achire’s and its principals from regulatory and operational compliance sanctions.
• Adhere to Achire’s policies and procedures.
• Maintain and enhance customer service.
• Timeously refer all insurance claims, retrenchments, disabilities, deceased, insolvencies, tracing matters and recommended repossession action to the Team Leader.
• To ensure the normalization of accounts through astute negotiation within set mandate with all types of customers.
• Prioritize work with high risk and ensure that those accounts that carry a high provision are worked on timeously.
• Carry out repossession of vehicles and other assets to protect Achire’s and its principals’ interest.
• Minimum 3 years relevant work experience preferably in a financial institution.
• Experience in delivering collections results with effective recovery techniques while maintaining a good customer experience.
• Basic knowledge of a debt collections system, Microsoft Office packages.
• Sound knowledge of lending principles and practices of banking in Zambia.
• Credit analytical skills
• Debt collection techniques.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to make sound judgment.
• Attention to detail, accuracy and timelessness in execution of assigned tasks.
• Proven ability to work under pressure and ability to embrace and manage change.
• High integrity and confidentiality.
• Full Grade 12 certificate with credit or better in Mathematics and English
• Bachelor’s degree in Law, Banking & Finance, Accounting, Professional qualifications (CA, CIMA, ACCA) or any other related discipline.
• 3+ years in a Law firm, Accounting firm or a Financial Institution preferably handling accounts receivables or debt recoveries.
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Degree
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications, consisting of your cover letter and CV only in a single document, should be sent to email@example.com with subject line “Debt Collection Officer”. Closing date for accepting applications is 17:00hrs, Wednesday, 31st May 2023. Applicants should provide daytime contact numbers of three (3) referees.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.