Vacancy title: Deputy Internal Audit Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Financial Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:ASA Microfinance Zambia Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 14 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, July 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ASA Microfinance Zambia Limited is a non-Deposit taking Microfinance Institution limited by shares incorporated on 22nd August 2014. The Company aims at empowering the poor Zambians for the improvement of their socio-economic condition and reduced poverty by the sustainable microfinance program. The company is a subsidiary of ASA International Group plc enlisted (premier) in London Stock Exchange. With over 3000 branches in Asia and Africa combined. ASA International has taken keen interest in opening several more branches in Zambia hence the need for a Deputy Internal Audit Manager reporting to the Internal Audit Manager.
Must be able to undertake the following types of engagement:
• Assists in development of the institution’s annual risk-based Internal Audit Plan;
• Schedules and communicate audit plans;
• Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, assess risk and develops audit direction.
• Performs audit work, including plan preparation, work papers, finding, and associated reports;
• Manages performance of audit assignments, reviews work papers and audit reports
• Able to manage multiple tasks and assignments to tight deadlines
• Verifies the accuracy of financial records as they pertain to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, and related transactions.
• Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Flexibility to travel for regional engagements
• Corporate Governance advisory;
• Contract compliance reviews.
• Self-confident, able to think creatively, and a thirst for knowledge
• Good business and common sense
• Conduct monthly branch visits.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
• At least 3 year of internal audit experience along with workpaper preparation and audit report writing skills and must have an independent mindset,
• English Language and MS Office: Advanced Level,
• Part qualified professional (e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIA or other equivalent locally accredited one),Meeting local licensing requirement (if any) would be an added advantage, and
• 1 year of relevant industry experience & conversant with Audit Software, data analytics tool (e.g., Python, R programming) are preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.