Vacancy title: Development Coordinator – Gender Equality and Social Inclusion[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Admin & Office ]
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, April 13 2023
Date Posted:Thursday, April 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice. We seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security. We put women and girls at the center because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
CARE International in Zambia and its programme partners will implement a BMU-IKI funded project: Community-Based Adaptation: Scaling up Community Action for Livelihoods and Ecosystems in Southern Africa and Beyond (CBA-SCALE Southern Africa+) between 2023 and 2028. The overall objective of the intervention is to build climate resilience, including: the integration of adaptation (incl. disaster risk reduction) in policies, planning and budgets at different levels; promote actions to build climate resilience and address climate risks in key sectors such as water, agriculture, fisheries; strengthening climate information, early warning and disaster management systems; and ecosystem and biodiversity protection; among others. The expected outcome of the project is increased resilience to climate change, for all genders and social groups, in all the 12 wards of Zimba district. Inclusive, gender-responsive and nature-based planning and implementation of CBA actions will target all the 12 wards of Zimba district in managing climate-related risks to human security, livelihoods, and food security.
CARE Zambia an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, and Southern provinces of Zambia, has the following seven vacancies available at Head Office in Lusaka and Zimba District.
Job Title: Development Coordinator-Gender Equality and Social Inclusion
Reports to: Project Management Coordinator-CBA-SCALE
Location: Zimba, Southern Province
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
The Development Coordinator-Gender, Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI), will provide Gender, Equality and Social Inclusion and Accountability leadership across all the project’s interventions. This will include integrating and mainstreaming CARE’s gender and social norms interventions and approaches to create an enabling environment for women and girls to make decisions about their own participation in agriculture and climate activities. The coordinator will work closely with implementing partners, community-based structures and directly with women and girls themselves to support the co-design of certain activities, and challenge social norms and other structural barriers that impact development.
S/he will provide coordinated technical support in gender mainstreaming and social inclusion programming focusing on planning & budgeting, implementation, and monitoring of the GESI interventions. Liaison with current and potential donors, relevant GRZ ministries, international and local NGOs and other stakeholders involved in gender and social inclusion programming will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Finalize, review, and implement an adaptive and innovative GESI strategy that connects and complements wider program objectives based on the findings of the gender analysis, focusing particularly on gender and youth.
2. Develop work plan based on the approved projects work plan detailing activities to be undertaken and, support required from the Project Management.
3. Support enhanced delivery of gender mainstreaming of project activities in all supported communities and by partner organizations in line with project’s gender equality strategy and update on an ongoing basis.
4. Point person for all project GESI activities in the selected project sites. The holder will coordinate, identify, and mobilize stakeholders and partners in the implementation of activities, oversee activity roll out, implement and sustain knowledge and demand for services.
5. Co-organize with community forums and create awareness and understanding of the GESI project activities amongst service providers, community resource persons, and communities served through regular meetings.
6. Establish and maintain effective follow-up and support system for partner agencies on Gender and social inclusion components as planned, ensuring good performance of all Gender and social inclusion indicators.
7. Coordinate training of Community resource persons, opinion leaders, established government structures and district and provincial authorities on GESI and relevant behaviour change methodologies including Social Action and Analysis (SAA).
8. Implement and monitor community accountability mechanisms and coordinate PSHEA training with project and partner staff.
9. In liaison with the Project Management Coordinator and the MEAL Coordinator, conduct training and orientation of Partners staff, District and Provincial Government staff, Volunteers and other relevant collaborating partners on CARE’s gender equality framework and GE data requirements for the program, management, data for decision making and support the implementation of feminist MEAL methodologies.
10. Conduct monitoring and reporting on the performance of GESI activities.
11. To the extent possible, explore and develop or adapt innovations to deliver better and rapidly scale up impact.
12. Network and collaborate with other actors to strengthen the ability to achieve GESI goals.
13. Document best practices and human-interest stories to publicize project achievements.
14. Participate in the CARE-wide as well as sector-wide forums, to share experiences, learn and influence.
Qualifications, experience, and personal attributes:
• Possess a bachelor’s degree in social or Agricultural Sciences, Development Studies, or other related fields. Additionally, possession of a master’s degree in social work, other Social Sciences, Agriculture, or related field will be an added advantage.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role as described above.
• Demonstrated experience in Gender Equality, human rights and agriculture and climate programming.
• Proven strong interpersonal skills in dealing with audiences from various backgrounds including, but not limited to, government officials, donors, other stakeholders, clients and project staff.
• Detailed understanding and experience of gender and diversity issues and commitment to addressing inequalities in all the key areas of responsibility.
• Well-developed training/coaching/ facilitation skills.
• Skills and experience in developing manuals and training materials.
• Skills in MS Excel and Word
• Is self-directed, enjoys autonomy, and produces quality results with minimal supervision and/or support.
• Is resilient and able to thrive in a matrix structure and handle ambiguity with positivity.
• Invests in self-development, willing to learn, and continuously improves.
• This role is expected to establish and maintain open, professional, and cordial relations with the Country Office internal, and external customers. These include and not limited to.
• Program Manager – Resource Mobilisation, Strategic Program Area (SPA) Leads, MEAL unit, Technical Advisors, Project Managers, and within the consortium the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) and the Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources Policy Analysis Network (FANRPAN)
• populations of concern and their communities (including children, women, and girls); Civil Society Organisations; Departments and Agencies (MDAs); different levels of staff from partner and peer organisations.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and daytime contact numbers should be sent to: email@example.com.
Closing Date: 13th April, 2023
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.