Director – Finance and Corporate Services
Jobs at:Zambia Bureau of Standards
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, September 01 2023
Date Posted: Friday, August 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ZABS is a statutory body currently operating under the Standards Act No. 4 of 2017. ZABS exists to support industry in the production of goods and services of acceptable quality for national, regional and international markets. It is the custodian of national standards and acts as a link between the local industry and regional and international standardization and quality assurance (SQA) organizations.
The Bureau’s mandate is to provide services in the areas of Standards Development, Management System/Standards Training. Product Testing and Product/Management System Certification. It is also the National Enquiry Point for the World Trade Organization (WTO) Issues.
The Bureau wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant position:
1.Director-Finance And Corporate Services (Zabs 2 X 01)
A. Key Responsibilities
• Provides advice and guidance and develops the directorate annual work plan and budgets against set objectives and policies, and thereafter presents the budget for consolidation into the Bureau Budget
• Advises Management and the Board on good corporate governance and recommends appropriate policies and practices that support it
• Coordinates the finance function and ensures that this function effectively contributes to the achievement of the Bureau objectives
• Oversees the day-to-day marketing and public relations activities aimed at improving and maintaining a good corporate image of ZABS
• Performs any other duties as assigned by the Director and the Board from time to
B. Qualifications, Experience & Personalattributes
• Full Grade 12 Certificate
• ACCA, CIMA or equivalent professional qualifications
• Must possess a Master’s degree in Business Administration or any other equivalent
• 10 years’ experience with 5 years at Management level in a quasi-government/ public service environment
• Must possess Management Skills, Leadership skills and should be able to communicate effectively in English at a senior level
• Knowledge on accounting related to donor funds, project funds and government grants a must
• Must be a Fellow of ZICA
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• The position is in contract employment category.
• Suitably qualified individuals are therefore encouraged to apply for the jobs please send your application letter together with copies of educational and professional certificates and a detailed CV to the address below. Closing date for applications is 1st September 2023.
• The Executive Director
• Zambia Bureau of Standards
• P.O Box 50259
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.