Vacancy title: Director Engineering and Technical Services[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Information Technology , Category: Science & Engineering ]
Jobs at:Zambia Information and Communications Technology Authority (ZICTA)
Deadline of this Job:
28 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia Information and Communications Technology Authority (ZICTA) is a statutory body responsible for the regulation of provision of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) and Postal and Courier Services in Zambia. The Authority also coordinates and oversees activities relating to cyber security and the combating of cyber-crime.
Responsible for the development and implementation of Spectrum Management, Radio Frequency Quality of Service and Technical Standards in order to ensure the safety, quality and interoperability of new and existing ICT services in line with the Authority's mandate.
• Oversee the assignments of frequencies or allotments of spectrum and revocation of assignment and allotments and ensures efficient and effective administration and utilization of Spectrum,
• Oversee the management of spectrum in accordance with the Telecommunications Act and Regulations, National policies and International best practice;
• Provide direction in spectrum planning/licensing processes and ensures that set objectives are achieved in Line with established regulatory guidelines;
• Oversee the allocation of Radio frequencies and licensing of all radio stations in Zambia and ensures that the radio spectrum is free from interference
• Oversee the establishment and operationalization of mechanism for analysing the performance of Quality of Service/Experience;
• Provide leadership in Quality of Service/Quality of Experience standardization and participates effectively in appropriate standardization activities;
• Assists the Authority respond to queries regarding license network performance and Quality of Service/Quality of Experience; and
• Provide analysis of Type Approval Equipment and ensures approved equipment conforms to acceptable technical standards
• ICT knowledge and regulatory models, both transformation and transaction leadership abilities:
• Highly analytical, good sense of balance between business acumen and Government systems operations;
• Effective people management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, assertive and results oriented;
• Systems and models oriented; and
• Organization design and development skills.
• Grade twelve certificate or its equivalent;
• Bachelor's Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/ Telecommunications or related; and
• Master's Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Telecommunications or related. PROFESSIONAL AFFLIATION
• Should be a member of a relevant professional body.
The position of Director Engineering and Technical Services is on a three-year fixed term contract.
Seven (7) years working relevant experience especially in the ICT sector, regulatory body or dynamic commercial environment, four (4) of which must be at Management level.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.