Jobs at:Beatmas Human Resource Consultants
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, November 13 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1.1 Main Purpose of the Job
• To be responsible for developing the Finance Directorate strategy and supervising its implementation to ensure the strategy objectives are realised in a timely manner and within acceptable quality standards. Additionally, the position prepares the overall NAPSA budget, develops the Directorate policies and procedures, advises the Director General, User Departments and the Board on finance matters, and coordinates the finance operations for effective and efficient service delivery by the Directorate.
1.2 Key Responsibilities:
• Develops the Directorate strategy in line with the NAPSA strategic objectives, to ensure the Finance Directorate supports the achievement of the NAPSA mission and vision on pension administration through the efficient utilization of resources available to NAPSA;
• Prepares the overall NAPSA Budget in a timely manner and with consideration to high quality standards, to ensure timely allocation of sufficient resources for the implementation of the NAPSA strategy;
• Develops the Directorate budget to ensure sufficient allocation of resources that support the implementation of the Directorate strategy in an efficient and effective manner;
• Develops the Directorate policies and procedures to provide guidelines in the provision of financial services in the administration of member funds, to ensure full compliance with financial accounting standards and with relevant legislation;
• Consolidates the Directorate work plan and monitor implementation to ensure attainment of high-quality standards, and timelines in the implementation of the directorate strategy;
• Monitors the preparation of the books of account to ensure compliance with the accounting standards and the NAPSA policies and procedures;
• Monitors the preparation and submission of statutory payments to ensure the set requirements and guidelines are complied with, in order to reduce the risks associated with non-compliance;
• Provides timely and accurate financial and accounting information to management to assist in timely and informed decisions that enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the administration of member funds;
• Supervises the management of the NAPSA asset inventory to enhance value for money to NAPSA, and to minimize on asset related risks;
• Develops and implement a finance risk management framework for NAPSA to ensure minimal exposure to preventable risks that affect the delivery of service, and to minimize on disruptions to business operations from unpreventable risks;
• Monitors the utilization of the NAPSA corporate budget to ensure efficiency in the utilization of resources, in order to garner the trust of the relevant stakeholders in the ability of NAPSA to manage member funds with integrity;
• Coordinates the preparation of expenditure schedules to ensure resources are availed in a timely manner;
• Monitors the cash flow forecasts for NAPSA to ensure availability of funds for the day-to-day activities of the institution;
• Coordinates the provision of technical financial expertise to user directorates and departments in the preparation of budgets and compliance with the finance policies and procedures, to ensure sufficient allocation of resources to all user directorates and departments, and efficiency in the use of resources;
• Establishes and maintains relations with external stakeholders critical for the allocation of resources to NAPSA, to supplement the NAPSA budget critical for the delivery of the NAPSA strategy.
• Grade 12 Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ with credit or better in Mathematics and English.
Professional Accountancy qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CA Zambia or equivalent.
• Master’s Degree in a business-related field.
• Registered with Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants and in possession of valid practicing certificate.
Personal and Professional Experience:
• Not less than ten (10) years’ experiences at Senior Management level in Finance in an organisation of similar size.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
• Your application letter should specify your contact details including contact telephone number(s), CV and copies of relevant Certificates.
• All submissions should made via: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 7 November 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.