Jobs at:Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
Deadline of this Job:
26 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission a Body Corporate established under the Citizens’ Economic Empowerment Act No. 9 of 2006 to enhance broad-based economic empowerment, foster citizens’ economic ownership, control and management of economic resources, as well as to promote economic empowerment of targeted citizens is inviting applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following positions:
Director Finance (1 Position) – Lusaka
Reporting to the Director General, the ideal candidate shall be responsible for the financial management of the general funds of the Commission. This includes preparation of the budget, conducting financial analysis and preparing financial reports, developing and implementing an effective system of accounting, managing the payroll system, facilitation of the internal audit of financial records, as well as the management of the Empowerment Fund.
The provision of this post is designed to eliminate any possibility of improper budgeting and spending allocations, misplaced or misused revenues, inaccurate financial statements, the financial management of the payroll, and to ensure that accounts payable and accounts receivables are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide financial and accounting advise, direction and leadership;
2. Spearhead the preparation of CEEC departmental budgets;
3. Regulate, supervise and implement a timely full and accurate set of accounting records of the Commission that reflects all its activities in a manner commensurate with the governing fiscal legislation, policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles and also subject to the internal guidelines that may be set by the Commission from time to time;
4. Implement continuous financial audit, financial analysis and financial control systems that will monitor the fiscal performance of the Commission, its flow of funds, the adherence to the budget, the expenditures, the income, the cost of sales and other budgetary items;
5. To timely, regularly and duly prepare and present to the Commission financial statements and reports as required by all pertinent legislation as deemed necessary and demanded from time to time by the Commission;
6. Comply with all reporting, accounting and audit requirements imposed by the capital markets or regulatory bodies of capital markets in which the securities of the Commission are traded or be traded or otherwise listed;
Prepare and present for the approval of the Commission an annual budget, other budgets, financial plans, business plans, feasibility studies, investment memoranda and all other financial and business documents as may be required from time to time by the Commission;
7. Alert the Commission and to warn it regarding any irregularity, lack of compliance, lack of adherence, lacunas and problems whether actual or potential concerning the financial systems, the financial operations the financing plans, the accounting, the audits the budgets and any other matter of a financial nature or which could or does have a financial implication;
8. Collaborate and coordinate the activities of outside suppliers of financial services hired or contracted by the Commission, including accountants, auditors, financial consultants, underwriters and brokers, the banking system and other financial venues;
9. Maintain a working relationship and to develop additional relationships with banks, financial institutions and capital markets with the aim of securing funds necessary for the operations of the Commission and also for the attainment of its development plans and its investments;
10. Fully computerize all the financial activities of the Commission in a combined hardware-software and communications systems which integrates with the systems of other relevant financial institutions;
11. Initiate and engage in all manner of activities, whether financial or otherwise, conducive to the financial health, the growth prospects and the fulfillment of the investment plans of the Commission to the best of his or her ability and with the appropriate dedication of the time and efforts required;
12. Coordinate the function of fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funds resources, submitting proposals and the administration of fund raising records and documentation;
13. Appraise staff performance, identify skill gaps and recommend training/capacity building;
14. Preparation of the department work plan and budget;
• Grade Twelve (12) Certificate;
• Degree in Accounting or Economics;
• A professional accounting qualification e.g. a full ACCA, CIMA;
• Master’s Degree in Finance and Investments, Accountancy or related field
• Should be a fully paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Accountancy;
• Excellent leadership skills;
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
• Computer literacy including the ability to operate and manage computerised financial, payroll and human resource information systems, spreadsheets and word processing programmes plus email at a very high proficient level and knowledge of Pastel Evolution Accounting Software;
• At least fifteen (15) years continuous experience in the administration of a large scale financial office, five (5) of which should be at senior management level in the public service
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 156
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates meeting the above profile should submit application letters enclosing an updated Curriculum Vitae and copies of the academic and professional certificates to the following address not later than Friday 26 August 2022.
*The applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope indicating the position being applied for.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks after closure of the application period. Those who will not hear from us in the stated period should consider themselves unsuccessful.
The Director General
Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
Plot 6457, Los Angeles Boulevard
P.O Box 35068
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.