Vacancy title: Director Finance[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Energy Regulation Board (ERB)
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, April 11 2023
Date Posted:Tuesday, April 11 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Vacancy : 1
Location : Lusaka
ERB Grade : ERB 2
Reports To : Director General
The Energy Regulation Board (ERB) is a statutory body established under the
Energy Regulation Act No. 12 of 2019 to regulate the energy sector by licensing undertakings and ensuring consumers receive a quality service at an equitable price while ensuring a reasonable rate of return to the energy utilities.
The ERB now seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Zambian to fill the position of DIRECTOR FINANCE.
The Director Finance is responsible for the financial function of the ERB that ensures financial operations are compliant with relevant legislations and established accounting standards. The incumbent is responsible for budgeting, establishing sound financial management systems, transparent accounting reporting procedures, and institute operational controls in order to achieve ERB Strategic goals in an effective and efficient manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Strategic Planning, developing short, medium and long term strategies for the timely generation of revenue to meet business strategic goals and operational requirements.
• Financial Systems Development through the development and implementation of effective control mechanisms so as to assure integrity of all business transaction.
• Coordinates and prepares the institutional budget and evaluates ERB financial performance against the budget and instigate re-alignment in order to achieve planned goals.
• Evaluates and Reviews financial policies, procedures and ensures effective management of institution and public resources.
• Monitors and analyzes national and global financial and economic trends so as to benchmark against best practice and advise Management and the Board accordingly.
• Prepares Financial Reports meeting established accounting standards in compliance with management and regulatory requirements
• Provide professional advice to Management and the Board on financial management, compliance and business risks.
• Supervises and monitors conduct of all Departmental staff, enforce discipline and compliance to institutional core values, set staff performance targets and monitor execution and ensures continuous professional development plans
• Adherence to Corporate Governance tenets
• High analytical and evaluating skills
• High interpersonal , negotiation and communication skills
• Highly computer literate, able to write and present reports
• High integrity and ethical attributes
• Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving
• Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent
• University Degree in Accountancy/Finance with ACCA or CIMA
• Master of Business Administration or in a related field will be an added advantage
• Membership of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountant (ZICA)
• Ten (10) years post qualification of which six (6) must be at Senior
Management in a reputable Organization.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants must submit soft copies of application letter, current Curriculum Vitae with minimum two (2) professional referees, certified photocopies of relevant academic and professional qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications marked: JOB APPLICATION – DIRECTOR FINANCE, must be submitted not later than Tuesday 11th April 2023. The applications must be addressed to:
The Director General
Energy Regulation Board
Plot No. 9330, Danny Pule Road
P.O. Box 37631
ERB is an equal opportunity employer both gender are encouraged to apply.
Candidates involved in any lobbying shall be disqualified. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.