Jobs at:Zambia Development Agency
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2023
Date Posted: Monday, June 12, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Director General, the job holder will be required to plan, develop, implement, coordinate and monitor investment and business development support activities to ensure the attraction and retention of private sector investment.
• Coordinate the development and implementation of marketing and investment promotion activities of the Agency in order to attract and facilitate both domestic and foreign investment in the private sector;
• Coordinate the packaging of Zambia as an attractive destination for investment in the private sector;
• Lead teams in the profiling, packaging and preparation of investment projects for promotion to both local and foreign investors
• Ability to engage and network at the highest level of Government, private sector and cooperating partners
• Develop and make presentations at the highest level at both local and international audiences
• Coordinate teams in tracking leads, structuring deals and closing investment transactions
• Manage and coordinate Zambia’s annual investment conference to high level of international best practice generating considerable investment projects and transactions
• Supervise timely processing and issuance of investment licenses (Certificate of Registration), Licenses for Special Economic Zones, and Operators Permits according to best practice
• Interpret the ZDA Act and the Investment Trade and Business Development Act and attendant regulations to the public and private sector
• Contribute significantly to the relevant working Groups under the Public Private Dialogue forum
• Ensure that the Zambia Virtual Deal room functions as intended generating the required transactions, partnerships and joint ventures
• Devise inclusive investment strategies to create partnerships for youth and women along the priority sectors
• Coordinate local and international marketing activities to maintain liaison with existing and potential investors in relation to other public and private institutional requirements;
• Plan and coordinate activities and programmes in all areas of project development including evaluations of applications, licensing and facilitation in order to ensure enhancement of private investment and national economic growth;
• Coordinate the directorate’s human, material and financial resources in order to contribute to the attainment of the objectives of the Agency;
• Coordinate the planning and the implementation of activities to ease the access by investors to government related business services in Zambia;
• Coordinate the formulation of Divisional annual work plans and budgets against set objectives and policies, and thereafter presents the budget for consolidation into the ZDA Budget;
• Set, monitor and review performance of subordinates in order to ensure that they meet their performance objectives; and
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director General from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS
• Bachelors Degree in BA Economics, Investment, Business Administration or Commerce;
• Masters Degree in any professional discipline;
• PHD Qualification in a related field is an added advantage;
• Nine (9) years’ work experience, four (4) of which must have been at management level;
• Excellent Communication, Presentation and Negotiating skills;
• Knowledge of computer applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 108
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be marked and accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of qualifications and provide at least three referees, and sent to:
The Director General
Zambia Development Agency
P.O. Box 30819
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 20th June, 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.