Director of Finance & Operations- Zambia Foundational Learning
Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, October 27 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, October 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Director of Finance and Operations will be responsible for overseeing all financial management, procurement, HR, communications, logistics, security, and field operations on the project. This position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Chief of Party.
Your primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Oversee the project’s financial, human resource management, logistics, procurement, administration and information technology, and reporting functions to ensure compliance.
• Oversee preparation and submission of financial statements and other cost accounting reports to RTI and USAID.
• Ensure adherence to RTI and USAID financial and accounting policies and procedures.
• Oversees subcontracts to local partners.
• Provide training and guidance to field and subcontract finance managers and COP on managing project expenses to annual work plan and contract budgets, as needed.
• Coordinate and consolidate the projection of monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and prepare pipeline estimates for the project.
• Provide leadership and support during project start-up and close-out with regard to setting up the project office, bank account, operations and logistics, staff administration, etc.
• Ensure appropriate systems and cost effective, timely procedures such as cash management, vendor payments, and budgeting are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report project funds and have the proper internal controls.
• Ensure budget and workplan alignment with other program leadership.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 12 years or a Master’s degree plus 10 year’s experience in business administration, or a relevant field.
• Progressively responsible experience implementing projects that are similar to this activity in terms of complexity, scope, and budget.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of USAID policies and procedures.
• Experience working on international education programming preferred, including experience working with Ministries of Education, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders that work in education programming.
• Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams.
• Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff.
• Experience working in Zambia.
• Verbal and written fluency in English required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.