Vacancy title: Director of Finance and Administration, REACH Malaria[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Admin & Office ]
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Please note this position is contingent upon award to PATH and approval from USAID.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges. PATH’s Malaria, Neglected Tropical Diseases program is a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refines and develops tools and approaches, invests in national programs, and builds data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination.
PATH seeks a Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) for the USAID-funded Reaching every at-risk community and household with malaria services (REACH Malaria) global project. The purpose of the anticipated contract is to provide implementation support services and technical assistance to countries to accelerate progress in comprehensive delivery of facility and community-based malaria services, including malaria case management, prevention of malaria in pregnancy (MiP), seasonal malaria chemoprevention (SMC), health systems strengthening, data collection and use for service delivery, and other malaria prevention interventions.
The DFA will report to the Project Director and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of budgeting, financial management, and reporting; sub-contract management and procurement; human resources management; asset management; logistics; and compliance with terms and conditions of the contract. They will be responsible for managing the contract budget and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID. The DFA will ensure funds expended in compliance with USG rules, regulations, and contract requirements. They will ensure systems and processes are implemented to support efficient and effective contract implementation, including fraud and risk mitigation practices. The DFA will Lead the project’s finance and administration team and provide oversight of finance and administration at country level.
• Provide leadership in financial management, subcontract management, accounting, general administrative processes, and operations.
• Oversee compliance with a focus on USAID, PATH, and statutory requirements and controls.
• Lead annual budget development including managing the annual work plan, life-of-project and activity budgets, and ensuring compliance of expenditures with approved budgets; ensure the consistency, inclusion, and accuracy of costs and compliance with policy and practices, and work with staff in developing budgets for technical activities. Revise overall and sub-budgets as needed throughout the work plan year.
• Maintain systems for budget monitoring and tracking that include financial and contractual data.
• Provide routine pipeline analyses to the Project Director and USAID and ad hoc reports requested by USAID.
• Perform routine financial analysis on program expenditures, documenting and monitoring overall performance, analyzing trends, and identifying gaps to ensure efficient and sound financial management.
• Ensure strong subcontract development, management, and monitoring systems and processes are in place to ensure effective and timely issuance, reporting, compliance, and oversight of all subcontracts.
• Monitor adjustments to annual budgets whenever required.
• Coordinate monthly requests of funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the program has all the necessary funds for the operations.
• Review purchase orders and confer with team leader for approval, prior to issuance of the purchase orders for program procurement of commercial goods and services within agreed upon thresholds.
• Review performance and internal controls of operations functions to identify strengths and weaknesses; support project management team and implementing partners to enforce reliable and reasonable controls for efficiency and effectiveness during of program implementation.
• Regularly perform comprehensive risk and cost-efficiency analyses to minimize business risks during the award life cycle.
• Ensure all program staff are trained in USAID rules and regulations and compliance with USAID contracts; provide regular training and coaching to staff on donor regulations, grant management systems, financial management, procurement and HR and administrative procedures.
• Conduct regular performance assessment of staff, including providing technical support and opportunities for development.
• Lead control, monitoring, and reporting of financial operations that include cash and treasury management and reporting and monitoring procedures, budgets and pipeline reporting/monitoring.
• Ensure timely submission of administrative and financial reports to USAID as required.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors to ensure the appropriate audits are conducted and appropriate recommendations followed up and closed.
• 15 years of experience (or a Master’s in business, accounting, finance, or related field plus 10 years of experience) in financial and administrative management of large-scale, complex donor-funded projects.
• Experience managing donor-funded subcontractors and procurement.
• Strong understanding of USG financial reporting and compliance requirements and experience with USAID contracts.
• Experience in financial management, risk management and implementation of internal controls.
• Demonstrated supervisory experience.
• Expertise and experience in one or more of the following preferred: operations, HR, logistics, or IT.
• Demonstrated ability in leading geographically dispersed teams.
• Full professional proficiency in English, with excellent oral and written communications skills required.
• Ability to interact professionally in French and/or Portuguese an advantage.
• Available to travel nationally and internationally up to 25%.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
PATH has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees, interns, consultants, and temporary staff based in the United States. Individuals selected for job opportunities in the United States must be fully vaccinated, and show proof of vaccination status, upon hire. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as Pfizer or Moderna, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
PATH continues to evolve to support our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently, most of PATH’s US based positions are temporarily 100% remote, within commuting distance to our PATH offices. When PATH transitions more broadly to in-person work, we will operate with a hybrid workplace model. Hybrid employees must reside within commuting distance to one of our PATH offices. PATH’s US offices are in Seattle, WA and Washington, D.C.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.