Director of Finance and Operations – Zambia Foundational Learning Opportunity
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, November 21 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• This anticipated five-year program in Zambia will support the delivery of foundational learning in the early grades to improve learning outcomes. USAID Foundational Learning has three primary objectives 1) Scale the Primary Literacy Program 2) Support the Ministry of Education to institutionalize PLP and early learning reforms/provide technical assistance to direct Government-to Government Education Sector Assistance 3) Enhance the delivery of remedial and catch-up education.
• The Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) is responsible for supporting the Chief of Party (COP) in staff, operational, and financial management. In close coordination with the COP, the DFO will oversee administrative, operational, finance, and HR teams and be responsible for effective utilization of resources including staff with a diverse range of capabilities. Additionally, the DFO will provide operational oversight on financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, contracts and grants, asset management, ICT, general administration, and will lead efforts to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations as well as timely and effective delivery of program activities.
• Coordinate closely with COP to lead financial and contractual aspects of the project;
• Responsible for implementing and enhancing internal organizational and financial processes;
• Ensure compliance with US Government and Government of Zambia rules, regulations and policies regarding contracts and grants, procurements, financial management, etc.;
• Manage the planning and implementation of field activities, including oversight of budgets, grants, operational plans, reporting, and procedural and financial compliance;
• Ensure efficient management and utilization of resources in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures;
• Provide guidance and supervision to program staff and managers who are charged to implement activities within the assigned area of expertise;
• Collaborate with FHI 360’s country team, Regional Office and headquarter-based staff to ensure the project is implemented according to organization and industry best practices, program framework, and regulations;
• Contribute to timely and accurate reporting;
• Supervise the recruitment, hiring, and management of operational/financial local staff and consultants; and
• Support performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
• Represent FHI 360 in key technical working groups (TWG) at provincial and national level and cultivate strong working relationships with project stakeholders.
• Travel within the Country for project-related activities as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent, Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or related field preferred.
• Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible operational and financial management experience in support of large-scale international development programs; 10+ years preferred.
• Proven leadership in the administration of similar-sized international donor-funded projects;
• Updated understanding of USG-funded awards and related rules/regulations – experience with Cooperative Agreements required and with Contracts is an added advantage.
• Budgeting, financial management, and policies and procedures oversight experience, especially related to USAID programming preferred;
• Effective strategic planning and project management skills;
• ZICA, ACCA or other similar, relevant professional qualification is required;
• Ability to build positive working relationships with local communities, government officials, and donor representatives;
• Ability to analyze and establish effective and supportive cross-program coordination, organizational procedures, and management systems;
• Good analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills;
• Must have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines;
• Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision;
• Experience in the education sector in Zambia or the region strongly preferred;
• Fluency in English is required as well as excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.