Director of Finance and Operations
Jobs at:John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
17 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Director of Finance and Operations
Department/Unit: Senior Management
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to: Chief of Party
The USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity is a five-year project to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control, improving the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia. USAID CHEKUP II is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH).
The DFO will report to the JSH CHEKUP II Chief of Party and will support the overall project financial management and administration of the cooperative agreement, and ensure compliance with USG, USAID, and PEPFAR financial regulations. The DFO will oversee and provide management support to project finances, sub-award/grant management, human resources, procurement, and logistics. S/he will also provide management and operations support and oversight for the implementation of program activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and assist the COP and DCOP in providing the overall vision and technical strategic direction for the project. Collaborate with the COP and SMT to ensure coherence between programmatic activities and financial provisions.
• Assist the COP and SMT in developing and updating annual work plans and meeting project deliverables.
• Oversee finance, sub-awards, operations, human resources, and procurement areas and staff; provide direct supervision to Finance Manager, Operations Manager positions, and HR Manager.
• Ensure compliance with award terms, JSH, USG, USAID and PEPFAR policies and regulations
• Responsible for up-to-date policies and procedures for Operations, Personnel, Procurement, IT, Sub-award Management, and Safety & Security in line with JSH templates and requirements as well as donor and host country government requirements.
• Prepare and/or review monthly financial reports and tools (including budget tracking, obligation tracking, field financial accounts, accruals reports, and donor reports) and ensure timely submission to the management or donor.
• Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and assist the COP in providing the overall strategic direction for the project.
• Support the COP to ensure that all technical areas of the project are integrated and maximize the use of available resources of the project.
• Work closely with the Operations and Finance Teams to develop and monitor appropriate budgets to support technical activities, monitor invoicing the USAID and manage subcontractor financial management.
• Oversee the preparation of financial and programmatic quarterly, annual and other periodic reports for PEPFAR, USAID, JSH, and others.
• Develop scopes of work and request mission approval for short-term technical assistance.
• Master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or another relevant field;
• Bachelor’s degree or certified accounting degree in Finance and Accounting
• Progressively responsible experience in financial compliance for international development programs in a senior capacity
• At least 10 years demonstrated experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs; including human resources, procurement, accounting, fraud aversion, and sub-award management.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in accounting, financial planning and management, procurement, and logistics.
• Excellent Computer skills- Excel, MS Word & PowerPoint
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrated supervisory experience
• Desirable experience with USG, USAID, and/or PEPFAR funding rules and regulations.
Supervision and Reporting:
The DFO will work under the guidance and supervision of the COP.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply please complete the application form available HERE. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information via the application form
Closing Date: October 17, 2022
Please note that you do not need to apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit johnsnowhealth.com.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.