Vacancy title: Driver[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Transportation & Logistics ]
Jobs at:Examinations Council of Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ) was established by an Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1983, Chapter 137 of the Laws of the Republic of Zambia to set and conduct Examinations and award Certificates and diplomas to successful candidates. The vision of the Council is to be an examining body of excellence.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following vacant position under the Administration Department.
DRIVER (1), GRADE ECZ 6
Reporting to the Transport Officer, the Driver will safely drive institutional vehicles when undertaking official duties including transporting employees, organization clients and ECZ assets as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Drives ECZ vehicles to various destinations to carry out official duties
• Prepares accident and theft report and submits to the Transport Officer
• Reports any malfunction of vehicles to the Transport Officer
• Inspects vehicles for official use, checking tyre pressure, oil level indicators and other basic mechanical or electrical elements to ensure compliance with traffic rules
• Transports ECZ assets as requested
• Fuels vehicles and monitors consumption
• Prompts Transport Officer to service, licence and insure vehicles in good time
• Undertakes basic checks and ensures that vehicles are in good road worthy condition
• Maintains service records for ECZ vehicle(s) and ensures regular servicing
• Maintains clean vehicles
• Sets targets and agrees to performance measures in order to meet the strategic objectives of the institution
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• School Certificate or its equivalent
• Craft Certificate in Automotive Mechanics and Class C with Public Service Vehicle
• Minimum 1 year experience as driver
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to submit an application letter, Verified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) traceable referees, copy of NRC and day time telephone numbers. All applications must reach the undersigned not later than 26th October, 2022.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Electronic applications will not be accepted.
The Council Secretary
Examinations Council of Zambia
Haile Selassie Avenue, Longacres
P.O Box 50432
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.