Jobs at:Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA)
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Government of the Republic of Zambia adopted a robust transport policy in the year 2002. As a consequence, the Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) was established through an Act of Parliament; the Road Traffic Act No. 11 of 2002. RTSA has the mandate to implement Government policy on road safety and transport management.
The following vacancy now exist for suitably qualified and experienced persons:
Driver – RTSA8 (1 Position)
To drive agency vehicles, to transport staff, visitors, equipment, materials as directed by supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Carries out pre-shift checks on motor vehicle for oil, water, tyre pressure and any visible defects, reports noted faults timely to the supervisor to affect repairs.
• Transports agency staff, equipment, furniture or any other personnel as instructed by supervisor and ensures safe and timely transportation and delivery of the same
• Keeps an up to date record for travel on daily basis, making entries in log book indicating time , date, destinations and kilometers clocked for supervisors attention
• Ensures that all passengers observe traffic rules as they are being driven at all times to avoid contravening traffic rules which could attract a fine or result in injury to passengers or other road users.
• Checks personal to holder vehicles driven by agency staff on weekly basis for any electrical or mechanical faults and reports faults/defects noted to superior to effect repairs.
• Submits written and verbal reports on road traffic accidents or theft from motor vehicles.
• Transports office stationary and other requisites to facilitate movement of correspondence and production of documents
• Valid PSV Driver’s License
• At least 1 year experience in a similar position
• Must have at least basic knowledge in motor vehicle mechanics
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit their application letters, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic & professional Qualifications to the following address;
The Head Human Resource & Administration
Road Transport & Safety Agency
Scanned copies shall be accepted provided all required documents are attached and emailed to email@example.com
The closing date for receiving applications is 4th February, 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.