Jobs at:Children International Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, December 04 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Children International
• Children International (CI) is a global non-for-profit organization whose vision is to bring people together to end poverty for good. Its mission is to connect people around the world in the fight to end poverty. Working together, we invest in the lives of children and youth, build the healthy environments that they need to thrive, and empower them to create lasting change in their own lives and communities
A. Key Accountabilities/Scope
• Orient parents/children and mobilize children/youth for the education and tutoring program.
• Maintain batches of children and conduct in person/virtual tutoring sessions in accordance with the Zambian education curriculum.
• Coordinate with local schools where sponsored children/youth attend, to determine target students in need of additional/supplemental support.
• Evaluate the children by using the tools provided and share with supervisor.
• Conduct regular meetings with parents (quarterly or depending on Agency program design).
• Conduct home visits for children who are irregular or drop out from the program.
• Use the curriculum—defining the key message and the activities and gather or prepare materials for the sessions.
• Distribute stationery to children enrolled under the learning resource center or classroom at the community center.
• Host regular orientations with parents, and possible home visits of children who are irregular or drop out from the program.
• Facilitate life skills activities based on the frequency established by the agency.
• Coordinate with local educational institutions, community partners in education, and other organizations and experts in order to support sponsored children/youth, academically.
• Ensure the physical, emotional, and mental safety of all children.
• Ensure the learning resource center is child friendly and a safe space for children.
• Participate in distribution activities as determined by the agency.
• Conduct all required program activities and reporting in accordance with work plan, organization policies and procedures.
• Collaborate with other staff members on projects and activities
• Collaborate with all concerned staff members particularly under the guidance of Education Coordinator and Community Center Coordinator.
• Strictly observe confidentiality and strong ethics with respect to all beneficiary information/data.
• Collect data on a regular basis to support measurement of achievement against the performance indicators.
• Check data quality with program stakeholder partners, center coordinator, MEL lead and program lead.
• Produce activity reports and other M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required
• Support MEL Lead, Center coordinator and Program lead to review quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for program evaluation
• Comply with and adhere to the agency’s policies, safety and security protocols and child safeguarding norms and guidelines by self and all stakeholders both internal and external.
• Promote diversity and inclusion, value other cultures, and demonstrate respect while relating with all organizational constituents irrespective of their race, color, faiths, gender, sexual orientation, age, caste, disabilities, experiences, beliefs and ethnicity.
Education, Experience And Key Skills:
• Good command over subject matter. Diploma studies in education/social sciences/equivalent is highly desirable.
• At least 1 -2 years teaching experience of primary/secondary grade children, with proven didactic skills.
• Experience delivering education sessions using different teaching methodology and medium of instruction (including online teaching techniques, classroom method, hybrid approach -a mix of classroom and online teaching-, etc.)
• Ability to establish rapport with children and parents in a way so that the children willingly participate and improve academically and behaviorally.
• Ability to provide creativity and innovation, dynamic activity, planning sessions, and comfort with technology.
• Good facilitation and interpersonal skills to conduct field visits, meetings/session/training in vulnerable communities with different stakeholders
• Strong written and oral communication skills – in English.
• Strong computer skills especially MS office, as well as understanding of the importance of digital tools in student learning, with use of different digital platforms for enabling student learning as well as search for content, prepare teaching plans and progress reports etc.
• Ability to work with children and understanding of child related issues
• Self-motivated and proactive with a high level of compassion, empathy, integrity, and passion to work on complex social causes, especially the cause of children and youth
• Actively pursues learning and self-development; seeks feedback; modifies behavior considering right feedback.
• Believes in collaboration and teamwork.
In addition to the above, the following are highly desirable in the ideal candidate:
• Understanding of social sector interventions particularly in education
• Communication skills in English or other local languages as relevant
• Travel Requirement: Willingness to visit sponsored communities, whether near or far from the community center
• Children International firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, caste, gender, sexual orientation, creed, disability etc. Our talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to promoting diversity within the organization, alignment to our vision, mission and values as well as protecting children and vulnerable youth from abuse and exploitation
• Children International – Zambia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers, and associates to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subjected to appropriate screening and satisfactory references prior to appointment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.