Jobs at:First Quantum
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for any ad hoc projects, investigations that would require a financial appreciation and critical thinking ability.
• Provide engineering support to ensure in-house component refurbishment projects satisfy OEM standards.
• Develop and implement a QA/QC process on all internally and externally refurbished components.
• Implement industry wide best practices with regard to component storage at Warehouse.
• Review and periodically refine the Site’s Rotable Repair process.
• Manage critical Spares and Tooling for the Section.
• Prepare Component Assessment and Repair Reports for all refurbished components.
• Engage End users with feedback on improving maintenance practices.
• Maintain accurate Rotable population database and produce periodic status reports as and when required.
• Provide Technical support on all warranty claims.
• Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis on all premature failures.
• Hands on experience in maintenance and production related processes.
• Ensure a safe work environment is maintained applying all company policies and safe work practices, demonstrating a strong commitment to the safety of employees
• Provide engineering support services for the installation, maintenance and operation of various project works ensuring the safety, efficiency and integrity of the network in accordance with requirements
• Project manage the technical and financial aspects of small scale projects, applying effective project management techniques from inception to completion
• Participate in the improvement of engineering standards, specifications and instructions associated with replacement, refurbishment and augmentation of equipment
• Liaise with other teams in troubleshooting root cause and incident investigations including equipment failures and defects for low impact planned and unplanned events;
• Perform any other duties as required by Management.
Qualifications and experience
• Grade twelve (Grade 12) School Certificate
• Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
• Ability to achieve result is a cross-cultural environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
• Valid driver’s license.
• 5 Years’ experience in a similar role
Skills Required for the Job
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Strong leadership, communication, planning, problem solving, decision making, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to resolve day-to-day challenges relating to legal compliance.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and other programs utilized for training and tracking purposes.
• Detail oriented and ability to meet deadlines.
Behavioral Traits / Personal Characteristics
• Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
• Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
• Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
• Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.