F&B Cost Controller
Jobs at:The Latitude Hotels Group
Deadline of this Job:
15 March 2022
Date Posted: Monday, March 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As a Food and Beverage cost controller, you are primarily responsible for calculating costs of food and beverage items and also responsible for the short and long-term planning of the F&B controlling and pricing aspects.
Additionally responsible to record information and produce control reports periodically to help maintain a suitable inventory of food and beverage items for the entire hotel. He/she also advises on needed changes on prices of menu items based on the costing information they collect and also actively take part in engineering the menus in terms of the pricing (Both Food menus and Beverage menus).
F&B Cost Controller Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Able to effectively control the Food & Beverage Cost.
2. Control the Food and Beverage outlets in terms of wastage, pilferage and efficiency.
3. Prepare variance analysis for food & beverage and communicating with relevant parties.
4. Update and maintain receipts into the systems.
5. Check and verify voids in the POS systems.
6. Check and verify discounts on the POS systems.
7. Check and verify any happy hours discounts.
8. Check and verify all complimentary sales in POS systems.
9. Check and verify all staff meals and staff discounts.
10. Check and verify all Package meals.
11. Check and verify all settlements done on the POS system.
12. Check and cross verify if all sales have been transferred correctly to the Property Management systems (PMS).
13. Check and verify for any lost postings.
14. Check the cost of sales in all F&B outlets and ensure that the costs are within budget.
15. Check the menu pricing on the POS systems and ensure the correct prices are loaded.
16. Check the restaurant and bar checks on daily.
17. Check the complimentary and confirm that all are approved.
18. Daily Import of Sales to Materials Control system.
19. Tally all end of shift reports generated from all POS tills.
20. Continuously study weaknesses in F&B control implemented at the Hotel and provide suggestions for improvements.
21. Check the daily Food & Beverage revenues report submitted by the income audit for the accuracy of covers and average check.
22. Responsible for linking the articles and Recipes in Material Control.
23. Responsible for preparing daily Food and Beverage Report and distribute to management.
24. Responsible for monthly F&B Report and distribute to management.
25. Responsible for surprise spot checks at all F&B outlets.
26. Prepare Duty Drinks and management report and confirm that this is as per entitlement.
27. Prepare the daily and monthly cost report department in relation to cost of sales.
28. Prepare weekly staff meal cost report.
29. Participate in stock taking at the restaurants and bars.
30. Spot check on the receiving department to ensure that the scales are correct and goods are checked for quality.
31. Check and ensure that no material is issued out from the store without requisition or approval from the respective department head or MOD.
32. Check and ensure all menu items have a recipe.
33. Coordinate with restaurant management, Executive Chef and finance to sort out issues pertaining to F&B.
34. Update selling prices in POS as per the instruction from authorised persons.
35. Maintain the security of the information held by the department.
36. Responsible to maintain the Menu Pricing, Consumption and POS systems.
37. Any other tasks as and when required by the F.C. or Management.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good analytics and reporting skills.
• Experience with Accounting System, POS Systems and cost and inventory systems.
• Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment.
• Have a high-level attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
• Spotless work ethics and professional integrity.
• Able to push back any attempts from colleagues to bent rules and applicable corporate and local F&B guidelines.
At least 2 years’ experience at the same role with an up-scale (4/5 Star) hospitality environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.