Vacancy title: Farm Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Management ]
Jobs at:African Christian University
Deadline of this Job:
24 August 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Core responsibilities include have a hands-on approach to manage and oversee all aspects of the farm, involving crop and livestock operations. Other responsibilities include supervision of workers and perform farm maintenance requirement; and assisting with the operation and supervision of the Student Labour Program; and participation in mentoring of students.
1. Farm development planning: Lead the development of farm operations and the setting up of production and sale of crops and livestock, as well as facilitate and infrastructure planning for short, medium & long-range scenarios. Lead project definition and project feasibility, collaboratively working with project teams, consultants, and government agencies.
2. Capital project development and real estate: Work closely with the Clerk of Works to implement planning and operational plans. Provide information for capital budget planning.
3. Student affairs: participate in student mentoring and supervision under the Student Labour Program (SLP).
4. Administration: Supervise subordinate staff and manage their performance. Additionally submit required reports to the Head of Department (HOD).
5. Implementation of Biblical worldview in your working methods
The applicant should have the following qualifications:
• Holds a minimum of a Diploma in the field of Agriculture or a Trade certificate from a recognized university.
Competencies and Attributes
• Conversant with ACU and its culture and must hold to the biblical reformed world view and biblical cultural mandate of ACU.
• Ability to take initiative and work well with a team. • Possesses planning and organizational skills.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills (oral and written).
• Conversant with Performance Management Systems.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should address their applications with a cover letter, testimony of faith and detailed CV and all relevant academic and professional qualifications to:
Attn: The Acting Human Resources Director African Christian University
P.O. Box 320161 LUSAKA, Zambia
Closing date for receipt of applications: 24th August 2022.
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.