Field Agronomist Out-grower
Jobs at:Grounded Simalaha Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, December 04 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• As a Field Agronomist Out-grower, you will play a crucial role in managing our chilli out-grow farmers. Reporting directly to the Farm Manager, you will be responsible for various tasks aimed at ensuring the success of our chilli growing project. Your key responsibilities will include:
• Out-grower Management: Oversee and support chilli out-grow farmers in their cultivation activities in all our hubs including partnering agriculture hubs, ensuring adherence to best agricultural practices and sustainability standards.
Farm Supervision: Collaborate with the farm manager to supervise day-to-day farm operations, providing guidance and support to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of farming activities.
Coordinate Spray Programs and IPM: Develop and coordinate spray programs, implementing Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategies to optimize crop health and yield.
Lead in Pest Scouting: Take the lead in scouting for pests and implementing proactive measures to prevent and control pest infestations, minimizing crop damage.
Crop Disease Management: Implement strategies for monitoring and managing crop diseases, working to maintain the health and quality of the chilli crops.
• Diploma in General Agriculture or a related field.
Experience in working with rural communities, understanding their unique challenges and dynamics.
Experience in chilli growing will be considered a significant advantage.
Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in agriculture.
Must have a driver’s license.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to The Business Manager at email@example.com . Please include your resume, a cover letter, and any relevant certifications. The deadline for applications is 24th November 2023.
• At Grounded Simalaha Limited, we are committed to diversity and equal opportunity. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
• Join us in making a positive impact on sustainable agriculture and community development!
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.