Vacancy title: Finance & Admin Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Family Development Initiatives
Deadline of this Job:
25 January 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Finance & Admin Lead, the Finance & Admin Officer will have responsibility for financial administration, including the management of the accounts, policy information required for various funding returns as well as undertaking general admin tasks under the guidance of the Finance and Admin Lead.
• To ensure that all financial transactions are posted in pastel daily, (ie all payments and receipts) and that correct codes have been assigned to such transactions in accordance with the exiting chart of accounts.
• To ensure that the receipts are banked intact daily and collect bank statements for each of the bank accounts every month.
• To ensure that receipts are correctly verified with dispatch records before they are posted to pastel.
• To undertake ledger analysis at least once in a month so as to eliminate or minimize mis-postings.
• To ensure that bank reconciliations are done every month and related bank reconciliation statements for each bank account are produced by the 10th of every month for the preceding month’s transaction.
• To ensure that all expenditure incurred is not only budgeted for, but is also justifiable. To this effect you have to ensure that all payments to be made have the necessary supporting documents duly authorized by relevant powers.
• To ensure that before Petty cash is expended all disbursement procedures have been adhered to and is used only for authorized purposes.
• To prepare monthly management accounts by the 10th of every month for previous month’s transaction.
• To reconcile stock with ledger balances and ensure physical stocks agree with pastel inventory balances.
• To assist Head of Departments in budget preparation in line with any budget guidelines that may be set by management and to consolidate the budgets into a master budget for the organization.
• Analysis of Fuel accounts and preparation of monthly reports.
• To check, update and maintain Asset register.
• Assisting the senior management team with the collection/compiling of data as required including using an HR software package.
• Assisting the senior management team with recruitment/induction processes, including job advertisement, draft job offer letters and contracts and filing of such HR records.
• Undertake general admin tasks under the direction of the senior management team such dealing with correspondence etc….
• The above range of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive; post holders will be expected to perform work of a similar level and responsibility when requested to do so.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.