Finance & Administration Lead
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
23 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance & Administration Lead- Zambia
Requisition - 2022201546
FHI 360 is seeking CVs for consideration on various potential opportunities in Zambia, involving USG-funded HIV programming. This position is intended to serve as a departmental/team lead; and depending on the project size/scope, it could be either at Director level or Associate Director level.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Nutrition, Environment, Education, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research, Technology and more, creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries as well as all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of F&A Lead in Zambia, based in Lusaka, for an anticipated public health award. Confirmation of this position will be contingent upon FHI 360 securing the opportunity and upon donor prior approval.
Under the direction of Project Director and in close collaboration with the other members of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the F&A Lead will give overall leadership and coordination of financial management and administration of the project by promoting financial stewardship and accountability in all project operations. The role will include ensuring compliance with donor and FHI 360 financial management and administrative policies, as well as achieving and maintaining cost and operational efficiency in all project operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub award management, grants programs, accounting, and logistics
• Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
• Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to the donor
• Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial reports; collate financial reporting materials for all funder segments, and oversee all financial, operations and grants functions.
• Manages internal and external financial audits of the program.
• Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the department leads; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior management team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Senior Management Team.
• Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, donor rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Zambia laws
• Provide technical assistance to local partners on financial compliance and reporting
• Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the FHI 360 policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations are adhered to, and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Update and implement all necessary organizational policies and accounting practices; improve the finance and administration department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
• Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
• Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the FHI 360 policies and procedures and funder rules and regulations.
• Manage project procurement processes
• Ensures continual review of internal and strategic controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation.
• Supports partners as needed to ensure sound financial management and operations.
• Ensures that sub-contracts, sub-grants and local consultancy documents and procedures are completed in a timely and correct manner and comply with FHI 360 and funder policies and regulations; and
• Provides overall administration coordination and support to ensure an effective and efficient operating platform for the program.
Minimum Qualifications and Desired Attributes
• A qualified Chartered Accountant with a Bachelor’s degree - Master's preferred - in Finance, Accounting and/or Administration with minimum 8 years’ experience will be suitable;
• Minimum 8 years’ international project management experience, including managing provincial and district offices and supervising local employees required.
• Strong financial and operational management experience with proven management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and team-building skills with significant experience building strong host country national team.
• Experience and working knowledge of accounting, finance, procurement and administration of US Government (USG) funded awards
• Knowledge of general office practices, administrative procedures following set USAID guidelines.
• Detailed knowledge of subcontract management processes and procedures, including USG regulations for compliance and oversight.
• Proven proactive skills in identifying cost saving, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities
• A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
• Eligibility is restricted to Zambians.
Travel Requirements: 10 -25%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to donor approval.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.