Vacancy title: Finance & Administration Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at:Danish Institute for Human Rights (DIHR)
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Danish Institute for Human Rights (DIHR) is looking for a Finance and Administration Officer, based in Lusaka, who will provide support to the programme management team based in five provinces in Zambia, in relation to administration, finances and expenditure, under the “Enabling Access to Justice, Civil Society Participation and Transparency” (EnACT) programme in Zambia.
About the position
It is a full-time position running from November 2022 to 30 June 2025, and the position is set on the basis of a service contract between the German Development Cooperation (GIZ) and the Danish Institute for Human Rights (DIHR).
The Finance and Administration Officer works at all times in close coordination, consultation and interaction with the Director for DIHR Branch, Zambia and all other DIHR Branch, Zambia team members in performing tasks assigned to DIHR and achieving results.
Based on the above, the Finance and Administration Officer must undertake the following key tasks:
• Setting-up and management of office space of the long-term experts including the rental of office space, procurement of equipment for positions in Lusaka and in the province
• Provide administrative support to the long-term expert team and all experts contracted under the short-term expert pool including organisation of workshops, trainings, procurement of material
• Handle financial support/procurements to local partners especially for paralegal CSOs on community level
• Onboarding of partner institutions concerning accounting and documentation processes
• Commercial management of the local subsidy agreements which the DIHR Branch, Zambia puts in place with CSOs on behalf of GIZ. This includes the management of all payments and verification of settlements according to GIZ rules and procedures
• Remain in close contact and establishing regular feedback opportunities with key partners such as LAB, paralegal CSOs, paralegals and other relevant stakeholders such as religious and traditional authorities on community level
• Provide regular financial advice and backstopping to provincial coordinators (located in Lusaka, Copperbelt, Southern, Central and Luapula provinces)
• Communication, coordination and support to partners of EnACT project for CSOs working with community paralegal desks
• Maintains good communication and coordination with GIZ’s EnACT Programme.
• Support reporting and knowledge management of the assignment
• Support flow of information between experts in provinces and the DIHR Branch, Zambia team
• Provide support to technical expertise for the development of new financing model
• Managing and monitoring of the monthly accounting and financial plans
• Monitoring of bank balances and preparation of bank reconciliations regularly
• Fleet management that includes the control of use of project vehicles
In addition to the above, the Finance and Administration Officer advises where required and as per instructions given by DIHR Branch, Zambia with regard to:
• The follow-up of receivables pursuant to GIZ rules originating from financing contracts / local subsidies concluded between GIZ and Zambian partners (CSOs and state) related to activities placed under DIHR responsibility in the EnACT framework;
• The preparation of accounting documentation (such as retirements and others) stemming from financing contracts / local subsidies concluded between GIZ and Zambian partners (CSOs and state) related to activities placed under DIHR responsibility in the EnACT framework.
Additional work tasks
You will also undertake additional tasks as agreed upon between the Finance and Administration Officer, and DIHR Branch, Zambia, in accordance with the agreed duration of work of the contract.
The Finance and Administration Officer will follow the schedule as communicated by DIHR Branch, Zambia. The Finance and Administration Officer will work under the supervision of the DIHR Branch, Zambia Director, under EnACT.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
• CA level 2, CIMA Level 2, ACCA level 2, university degree in relevant specialization (may include busines administration, accounting, office administration or related subject) and must be a paid-up member of ZICA
• Languages: Knowledge of English C1 (written and oral fluency), working knowledge in one further local language
• General professional experience: 5 years of professional experience in administrative office operations
• Specific professional experience: 3 years of professional experience handling accounting documentation and procedures especially with civil society organizations, proven experience of handling travel and event logistics
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Ample knowledge of accounting standards and procedures
• Ample knowledge of the Zambian legislation and institutional landscape relevant for financial administration
• Sensitivity to issues of intercultural relations, coupled with the experience of working effectively in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
• Computer literacy for financial management and accounting
• Availability to travel within Zambia
• Driver’s license including manual vehicles
About the EnACT Programme
As part of the bilateral development cooperation between Zambia and Germany the technical cooperation module “Promoting Transparency, Civil Society Participation and Access to Justice” (EnACT) was commissioned by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in June 2021 and is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ).
The overall objective of the project is to improve the access of the Zambian population to accountable institutions, to justice and to transparent government decision-making processes (outcome level). To achieve this objective the module advises and works together with its various state and non-state partners on policy reforms in the areas of participation, anti-corruption, transparency, accountability and access to justice.
Conditions of employment
Salaried position, on a full-time basis of average 40 working hours per week, from November 2022 to 30 June 2025.
Remuneration will be determined based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The contract is set on the basis of a service contract between the German Development Cooperation (GIZ) and the Danish Institute for Human Rights.
The location of the position is in Lusaka, Zambia.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.