Vacancy title: Finance Analyst[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Deadline of this Job:
10 January 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), on behalf of the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) in Zambia invites applications from suitable dynamic and self-motivated Zambian nationals to fill up the above position in the EU- SIFAZ project:
1. Cash Flow Projection, Monitoring & Budget Execution
• Ensure timely preparation of a cash flow projection for Zambia office with Country Office Coordinator.
• Review and update cash flow statement and with Country Office Coordinator and Program Managers and Program Administrators.
• Payment Processing, Transaction Recording and Documentation
• Coordinate in country financial activities in constant coordination with CIMMYT and IITA Finance functions
• Scrutinize and support or initiate payment requests and processing ensuring proper support documentation is attached.
• Ensure proper numbering and filling of financial and accounting records.
• Ensure proper recording of financial transactions in corresponding system.
• Generate on a monthly basis a record of all transactions entered during the month and ensure errors are corrected in time.
2. Verify monthly consolidation and submission of monthly reports to HQ
• Facilitate independent the work of auditors when undergoing an audit and prepare management response to the auditor recommendations, in compliance with donor rules and regulations; ensure follow up of auditor recommendations and
• Support IITA as necessary with timely submission of all direct and indirect tax requirements and ensure VAT recovery with the respective tax authorities.
3. Payables and Receivables Analysis and travel legalizations
• Conduct a monthly review of balances with a view to regularize them
• Review travel claims/advance and ensure timely submission, and processing of advances and legalizations Analyze, reconcile and follow-up staff personal accounts to ensure compliance with CIMMYT policies
• Support IITA in preparing statutory returns and ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements.
4. Project Management Support
• Review project Budgetary information for planning and forecasting, monitor budget execution and prepare monthly updates to the country coordinator
• Follow up and monitor payments to project partners and proper financial reporting from them, assisting as necessary in preparing their returns and reviewing their expenditure supporting documentation
• Supporting in preparation of and attending project team meetings while providing back up on project financial matters
• Budget tracking and regular verification of reported Country expenses
• With support from IITA, prepare and submit to HQ monthly bank reconciliations and other internal control requirements as dictated by CIMMYT HQ and/or supervisor.
• Support procurement effort in compliance with procurement policy and with guidance from the Country Office Coordinator and procurement function at HQ.
Required Qualifications Skills and Attitude
• Bachelor's or master's degree in Accounting or related qualification and familiarity with non-for-profit environment and Funder/Donor regulatory environment and processes.
• Experience in computerized accounting and knowledge of Quick Books and related accounting packages.
• The candidate should hold a valid membership certificate of any of professional accounting bodies or similar bodies.
• Acustomer-orientation and focus on process efficiency and efficacy is indispensable. High level of confidentiality and integrity
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office especially MS Word and MS Excel
• Good time management and team management skills
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
General information: The contracts will be for an initial period of three years. Renewal is dependent on performance and availability of funds.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should forward their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter indicating the position and send as One Document by email to IITA-Zambia@cgiar.org or hard copies not later than 10 January 2023 to:
The Regional Hub Administrator The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture SARAH Campus
Plot 145B Ngwerere Road
Chongwe District Lusaka Province P. O. Box 310142
Chelstone, Lusaka, Zambia
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.