Finance Assistant – PMI Evolve
Jobs at:Abt Associates
Deadline of this Job:
22 March 2023
Date Posted: Monday, March 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As a PMI Evolve Zambia Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for performing the accounting functions in support of all project activities following all relevant USAID and Abt Associates policies and procedures. Under direction of the Finance and Administrative Manager, you will be responsible assisting the finance team to ensure the transactions and financial records of the accounts up to date.
• Under the supervision of the Accountant/Finance and Administrative Manager, the Finance Assistant (Junior) – LOCAL / Finance Assistant provides a wide range of administrative and financial support
• Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Assist the Accountant with the timely submission of the ROV in accordance with Abt Associates procedures and policies.
• Scan and upload all financial documents into Abt’s web-based accounting software, Quickbooks
• Assists the Accountant with preparation of payment vouchers and corresponding checks.
• Assists the Accountant with the review of invoices and expense reports before payment and following up with vendors and staff to gather back up documentation.
• Perform general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing.
• Provide office administrative support including organization and facilitation for internal meetings, drafting agendas, and taking minutes;
• Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, project deliverables, project reports, and minutes of meetings.
• Manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, the client, other partners, and stakeholders.
• Assist staff in the process of completing Timesheets and completing Advance and Travel Expense Reports.
• Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling outside their region or for international visitors as needed.
• Prepare and send pouches to District Region(s) as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• (2+) years of relevant experience and Secondary School (minimum), or a Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Business, or other relevant field (desirable).
• Experience in book keeping and preparing vouchers
• Prior experience in office administration.
• Knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
• Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
• Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
• Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience.
• Fluency in English preferred and fluency in French desirable
• High School Diploma + Six years of relevant experience, or Associates Degree + Four years of relevant experience, or Bachelor’s Degree
• Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
• Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.