Vacancy title: Finance Assistant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 14 2023
Date Posted:Friday, April 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Akros is a cutting-edge organization that establishes data-driven systems that improve the health and wellbeing of disadvantaged communities. We pride ourselves in our ground-level knowledge of the health systems where we work, and our ability to provide novel, lasting solutions implemented in developing regions.
1. Financial controls and record keeping
• Support in recording financial transactions, preparing financial statements and reports and keeping the accounts records up to date.
• Ensure travel requisitions are prepared in accordance with organization authorizations and procedures;
• Ensure travel requisitions and purchase requests are appropriately retired, and track the status of outstanding requisitions / requests
• Ensure appropriate electronic and hard copy documentation is retained and filed in accordance with organization policy and donor / regulatory requirements,
• Process project transactions in a timely manner;
• Maintain a electronic tracker for all requisitions and requests with daily updates;
2. Cash, bank and payments
• Prepare payments for both the SLL project and Akros.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
• Monitor regional payment platforms
• Ensure that Quickbooks is kept up to date with financial postings
• Process timesheets required for Payroll
3. Other Duties
• Prepare analysis and summary information.
• Carry out any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time.
• A Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in accounting, finance or a related field may be preferred with at least five years of accounting experience
• Proficiency in accounting software.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Broad knowledge of accounting principles
• Excellent computer skills with fluency in Excel, Quickbooks and other web-based regional financial platforms
• Candidate should be highly productive and internally motivated
• Ability to remain focused on deadlines and targets
• Good communication skills.
Due to the nature of the project, Akros is limiting project staff members to those who have been vaccinated for Covid19 or those who are able to provide a valid medical exemption for Covid vaccination. This documentation will be required before commencing work.
This position is contingent upon securing and maintaining program funding. It is also contingent upon donor approval.
Location and Term
This position will be based at Akros Research offices in Lusaka, Zambia for the duration of this assignment.
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply early. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV with references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application: Finance Assistant” as the email’s subject line.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.