Vacancy title: Finance Assistant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Christian Blind Mission
Deadline of this Job:
07 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. About CBM
Christian Blind Mission is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
2. Core Purpose
Provides entry level professional finance support to the country programme. The Finance Assistant is responsible for supporting the Finance Department in implementing the overall accounting and financial control systems for CBM – Zambia Country Office and for using adequate and appropriate internal controls to meet general accounting standards.
3. Main duties and tasks
• Ensure transactions and data are properly recorded and entered into the accounting system
• Ensure that all expense transactions are reasonable, valid, adequately supported by receipts and within the Country Office’s budget.
• Prepare and reconcile bank statements
• Assist with the maintenance of the filing system of all financial reports, fund requests and other finance documentation
• Assist for pre-filling the CBM Financial Statement template
• Assist in the preparation of Checklist for all Projects of the region
• Provide support to the HR and Administration Department with payroll and timesheet review
• Prepare all requests for telegraphic transfers
• Assist in year-end closing of accounting books
• Prepare monthly payments and quarterly reports for Projects and Country Office
• Assist in the annual audits
• Undertakes any other duties that may be assigned by the Finance Manager
4. Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience:
• A university or college degree in Accountancy, ZICA,ACCA,CIMA.
• At least two years of experience in accounting and finance, preferably in a development organisation
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Effectiveness at team work and interpersonal relationships
• Keen analytical skills
• Excellent organisational skills, and ability to deal with stress or pressure
• Fitness and willingness to travel within the region, including countries with challenging security and safety situations
• High degree of accountability and integrity
• Pro-activeness and resourcefulness
• Willingness to adhere and commit to CBM’s Values and Child Protection Policy
• Good knowledge of MS Office (particularly advanced Excel skills)
5. Core Competencies
• Organisational competencies
• Quality and quantity of Work
• Professional Knowledge
• Attention to Communication
• Results Orientation
• Personal Credibility
• English (professional proficiency)
• Local languages (professional proficiency / advantageous)
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy. CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note this position is for an immediate start. The position is for a 6month period, with possibility of extension.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.