Jobs at:ICAP in Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, September 22 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, September 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Officer and provides support to the Finance Team in all functions requiring accounting and financial reporting.
• Review all support documents e.g., receipts, and workshop attendance lists on retirements to check the accuracy, cost realism, sufficient documentation, and compliance with ICAP financial SOPs.
• Follows up on retirement of the vendor, travel, and salary advances and ensures these are retired timely.
• Monitor the advance aging report to ensure timely communication with staff regarding outstanding retirements. Prepares the aging report bi–weekly (15th and 30th of each month) and ensures action points are clearly documented and followed upon.
• Process and reconcile bank deposits. Prepare bank deposit journals and process all bank deposit entries in quick books.
• Assist in resolving queries regarding unretired advances related to travel, suppliers, and salary advances.
• Ensure all credit balances in advance accounts are cleared; ensure valid refunds are paid to suppliers and vendors. Conduct reconciliation of accounts prior to payments.
• Review petty cash vouchers, ensure documentation is sufficient, and comply with ICAP SOPs prior to the replenishment of funds. Ensure petty cash is retired timely.
• Conduct monthly petty cash counts and surprise cash counts at Lusaka Office. Liaise with the provincial offices and ensure petty cash counts are conducted.
• Review fuel retirements, and ensure adequate documentation is attached (log sheet, receipts, etc.). Validate the replenishment amount prior to processing by the finance officer
• Regular scanning of retirement vouchers/ journals, ensure these are uploaded to on Base monthly. Maintain an organized filing of financial documents.
• Ensure all retirement documentation is stamped and ensure original documents are on file. Follow up with provincial offices regarding the submission of original documents.
• Maintain VAT file, track use of VAT LPO, process VAT documentation, and return as required.
• Assist the finance unit with month-end and year-end closure processes.
• Assist the finance unit in preparation for internal and external audits. Assist the Finance Manager to respond to queries from the compliance team.
• Assist in capacity building and training of staff on finance processes.
• Ensures that sub-recipients keep books of account and bank reconciliations updated and accurate; transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP and supporting documents are retained.
• Performs ongoing monitoring of sub-recipient spending patterns and compliance with the sub-agreements signed with ICAP SOP.
• Assists sub-recipients with Columbia University’s required quarterly reporting, monitors timelines for reporting, and acts as a liaison between the sub-recipient, and ICAP field office.
• Receives reviews and monitors sub-recipients monthly/quarterly financial reports and advance requests; conducts a thorough review of all financial documents.
• Conducts financial site visits and produces a report of findings and recommendations to improve the financial and administrative management systems of sub-recipients.
• Maintain electronic and physical records of all documentation and communication pertaining to the sub-award.
• Any other duties.
Required Minimum Qualifications, Experience & Skills
• Full grade 12 certificate
• At least ACCA/CIMA/CA Zambia level II
• Proficiency in the use of, Quick Books, Mobile banking platform Microsoft Office especially Excel
• Must be familiar with PEPFAR/USAID/CDC or other donors’ rules & regulations.
• At least 4 years relevant work experience in a similar position working for an international NGO.
• Travel Requirements
• Requires domestic travel of a minimum of 30-40% of the time
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• For submission of applications and full details of the positions, please visit the ICAP website https://icap.columbia.edu/careers/
• Suitably qualified candidates should attach their cover letters and a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) of not more than 4 pages. Please indicate position being applied for in the subject line and do not attach certificates at this stage.
• The closing date for receiving applications is 22nd September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• ICAP is an equal opportunity employer, values inclusion and a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.