Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, October 22 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• JHPIEGO, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of healthcare services for women and families around the world. Jhpiego is a global leader in the creation of innovative and effective approaches to developing human resources for health.
• At JHPIEGO we value our customers who have our respect, responsiveness, and commitment to excellence; our staff and global network of colleagues who bring cultural diversity, innovation, and a wealth of world experience; and our work culture, which is reflected in our team spirit, transparent communication, mutual respect, flexibility, and dedication.
• The Finance Assistant is responsible for providing day –to-day financial, administrative and logistical support for the programs managed by Jhpiego’s Country Office in Zambia. S/he will support the Finance Manager in meeting the day-to-day financial needs for the projects to maintain daily operations in an efficient and effective manner. S/he supports financial arrangements and local support for project activities, facilities local procurement processes and procedures, maintains proper files and filing systems, and helps assure good communication and coordination with partners’ .S/he wil also provide support to technical staff and consultants in the preparation of budgets, reports and other project documents.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Understands and follows the Accounting and Administrative Operating systems for the Jhpiego/Zambia portfolio.
• Assist Finance manager to monitor the fuel account for the project vehicles.
Ensure all filling is done in a timely and accurate manner.
• Receives and reviews for proper documentation and calculation all expenses reports and issues reminders to ensure retirements are made according to the Jhpiego policies.
• Maintain records of individual staff accounts in excel spreadsheet. With monthly circulation to the individuals.
• Maintains an inventory system for the office equipment.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager or Director Finance and Administration from time to time.
• Accounting training qualification (part qualified NATECH/ZICA or Diploma in relevant field .3 years’ experience in a responsible office;
• Experience in accounting for projects funded by international donors (knowledge of USAID regulations preferred);
• Strong computer skills including Excel, Word PowerPoint and Word Perfect applications (familiarity with QuickBooks preferred)
• Demonstrated integrity and work ethic; able to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of
Willing to work on wide range of tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
• The Finance Assistant must have a successful track record and significant knowledge of and experience in:
• At least 3 years’ experience in project programs funded by international donors.
The development, establishment, and implementation of financial, administrative, and logistic support systems to international development projects.
• Familiarity with U.S Government cost principles and regulations preferred
• In addition, this position also requires a person who has:
• The ability to work on several major and minor activities simultaneously
Excellent general administrative skills, including excellent judgment and integrity.
• Strong program-related financial management skills, including program budgeting and forecasting.
Challenges Of The Position
• The challenge of this position is one of assuring effective performance of broad range of support functions having project-wide implication, in team environment. The Finance assistant is challenged to help implement country specific financial management strategies and administrative procedures that are consistent with global Jhpiego policies and operating systems. In addition, the Finance Assistant is responsible for adhering to internal controls, while simultaneously providing adequate financial resources and support to meet program needs.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.