Vacancy title: Finance Assistant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at:Save the Children International
Deadline of this Job:
06 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Role Purpose: To implement financial procedures and policies of Save the Children Lusaka office and be responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, maintaining accounts payable and processing of all office payments.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Bookkeeping: capture all data correctly and timeously onto Agresso
• Administer, balance and reconcile petty cash monthly
• Filing of all financial documents and vouchers
• Data capturing on Agresso
• Perform reconciliations of all bank accounts on a monthly basis
• Print reports from Agresso and prepare monthly financial statements
• Submit reports to regional office by deadline
• Prepare annual financial report at end of year
2. Payments: responsible for ensuring that the payments are done accurately, timeously and within budget
• Make all on line and cheque payments
• Ensure all payments are correctly coded, approved and support documents attached
• Check all per diem calculations
• Ensure sufficient funds in bank account to be able to make payments
3. Compliance: facilitates adherence to statutory requirements, i.e , PAYE,VAT, NAPSA, Workers
Compensation and withholding tax
• Facilitate adherence to the requirements of Zambia Revenue Authority
• Ensure that all payments and forms are submitted to the relevant authority before deadlines
4. Payroll: administer payroll timeously and accurately
• Ensure that all cash and non-cash benefit payments and deductions are made
5. Cash flow management: prepare and submit forecasts and cash flow projections and ensure that management is aware of their implications. Ensuring that there are sufficient funds in the current account for payments.
• Review monthly financial expenditure
• Draft monthly cash flow budgets
6. Budgets: Assist the Grants and Contracts Coordinator with developing and monitoring the budgets
• Assist with input into budget preparation
• Capture budget and updated budget onto Agresso and Excel
7. Financial Reporting: draft financial statements to be submitted to regional office on a monthly basis and assist in drafting adhoc financial reports on time and accurately.
• Perform reconciliation of all bank and petty cash accounts
• Draft monthly financial statements to Finance Director for verification and approval
• Assist in drafting other financial reports as requested
8. Support to staff: ensure that staff understand financial policies and procedures including payment procedures and account coding.
• Provide training on coding and completion of forms when necessary
• Edit forms when necessary
The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Accounting Diploma or ACCA Part 11
• 3 years relevant experience
• Good computer skills and high proficiency in spreadsheets.
• Good knowledge of accounting packages especially Agresso accounting system.
• Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
Level 2 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply now
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.