Jobs at:Copper Rose Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, September 09 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, September 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Finance Associate will be responsible for providing day–to–day financial support for the programs. S/he will support the Finance and Operations Department in meeting the day-to-day financial needs of the projects to maintain daily operations in an efficient and effective manner. S/he will support financial arrangements for project activities and maintain proper files and filing systems.
• Receives and reviews documentation and calculation of all expense reports.
• Issues reminders to ensure all staff retirements are done within the stipulated time (as per CRZ policy).
• Prepare monthly income and expenditure reports for all point of sale machines.
• Maintain the financial filing system in an organized, complete, and efficient manner.
• Assist in making project payments, reconciling timely, and having zero room for shortages.
• Following up on all support documentation with staff and vendors to facilitate timely record management.
• Assist during month-end and year-end financial reporting and audits as directed by their supervisor.
• Ensuring CRZ internal controls and policies are always adhered to.
• Check bills and invoices before payments are made to ensure that documents are accurate and complete, budget coding is correctly recorded, and that policies and guidelines including donor requirements are adhered to.
• Review all payment requests and expense reports for accuracy and completeness before verification by the Finance Officer
• Ensure that all supporting documents of payments made, and cash received are stamped ‘PAID’, filled properly, and kept in a secured location.
• Provide general financial support to the office as directed by their supervisor.
• Ensure strict confidentiality of all financial information and transactions including bank and cash balances.
• Keep up-to-date monthly accurate records (soft and hard copies) of financial supporting documents segregated by the donor for purposes of internal, donor reporting, and audit purposes.
• Professional accountancy qualification certified by ACCA, CIMA or ZICA at minimum Level II.
• Grade 12 certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels; merit or better in Mathematics and English Language.
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in accounting for projects funded by local and international Non-profit organisations (knowledge of USAID regulations would be an added advantage).
• Knowledge in accounting packages, specifically QuickBooks would be an added advantage.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suites and google workplace applications.
• Demonstrated integrity and work ethic; able to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
• Excellent general administrative skills, including excellent judgement and attention to detail.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• The deadline for applications is Saturday 23:59 hrs. 9th September 2023.
• For all interested candidates, please apply with this Link Here
• Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Copper Rose Zambia Provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. We also strive to achieve equal employment opportunities through continuing diversity enhancement initiatives. We welcome candidates of all backgrounds and with diverse experiences to apply. We are committed to evaluating applications fairly.
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.