Vacancy title: Finance Business Partner[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Banking , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Deadline of this Job:
22 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
To provide decision support and other finance support to all business units.
Support the monthly preparation of management accounts, performance reports and business review packs for Country Management Committee (CMC) Board and Group Executive Committee.
Support the process of setting medium (three years) and short term (one year) strategic performance plans and the annual forecasting process.
To contribute to the shaping and development of the bank’s strategy and long term planning of the Bank.
Supervise the management accounting and reporting systems (e.g., SAP, Compass, Flash Portal, TM1).
Develop a deep understanding of the accounting systems and the management information which for the basis of reporting monthly in order to lead projects and initiatives towards a future-ready Finance function.
To monitor the performance of the bank’s strategy against the actual performance.
Facilitate the submission of business plans and strategies in line with the Group ARO timetable.
To analyse financial data and in so doing, prepare comprehensive financial statements that conform to the standards, controls and timetables set by management.
Interpret and explain performance within the business on a monthly ad-hoc basis.
Updating and creation of financial modelling to support analysis and reporting.
Proactively support the business with ad-hoc analysis and insights on specific issues.
Business Performance Reporting: - (40%)
• Support the monthly preparation and submission of monthly management accounts including Country Management Committee (CMC) decks for monthly performance reviews. Board reporting on a quarterly basis and ad-hoc requests from time to time
• Assist in the preparation and submission of monthly performance reviews
• Assist in the preparation and submission of monthly ALCO reports (this may be standard, or ad-hoc reports required from time to time)
• Support the preparation and submission of monthly flash and commentary to Absa Regional Operations (ARO)
• Support the Head of Financial Decision Support in management reporting, financial diligence, forecasting, strategic performance planning, cost management and control
• Support the Head of FDS/CFO in the preparation of the financials for the quarterly Board Paper deck, Monthly Business Review pack (Regional and In-Country), strategic papers and different decks as required from time to time
• Support the preparation of the quarterly competitor analysis pack by providing detailed insights into what is happening in the industry
• Review monthly detailed P&L and balance sheet for irregularities and unusual transactions
• Validation of assumptions used in the business cases for new/amended products. This also included business initiatives.
Business Planning and Analysis: - (35%)
• Support the Short and Medium Term Plans (STP/MTP) and Revised Annual Forecast process and ensure coordination and consolidation of budget reporting pack
• Working with FBPs (Finance Business Partners) and ensuring that planning milestones are met and signed off within prescribed planning timetable
• Ensure that overall planning shape/targets are input into the planning system (Compass) and that they are complete and validated at total bank.
• Investigate and identify financial opportunities and risks
• Support with Finance input into the ICAAP (Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process) and Stress Testing Process
• Facilitate and coordinate the submission of business plans and strategies in line with the Group/ARO timetable.
System improvement/maintenance: - (10%)
• Undertake a periodic review of mappings in COMPASS, TM1, Brains and SAP to ensure the correct reporting of P&L, balance sheet and off-balance sheet numbers in local reports and Group database
• Monthly reconciliation of TM1, COMPASS, SAP, and local management tools
• Embed and implement strategic performance management tools
• Liaise with Financial Control team to ensure that new products and services are well set up in Brains, TM1, COMPASS etc.
• Support the monthly BAU improvement to current system architecture.
Risk and Control (Governance): - (5%)
• Understand the appropriate Group and/or ARO Policies and Standards applicable to the role
• Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) faced directly within the role thereby contributing to adherence to Group Risk and Control Framework
Management of colleagues: - (10%)
• Meet personal training and development needs through relevant professional and commercial training and networking activities
• Champion own performance development
• To provide line management support to the Head FDS by facilitating administration of Performance Development, leave and absence management
• Focus on financial skills evolution and remaining relevant
• Peer responsibility: Coach, inspire, engage, mentor, and develop finance and business savvy leaders. Develop and maintain own knowledge, expertise, and professionalism.
• Ensure deep personal understanding of income statement, balance sheet, margin returns, variance analysis, capital and liquidity requirements, revenues, assets, liabilities and capital, expenses, and other key ratios through relevant business engagement.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Financial Sciences (Required)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.