Vacancy title: Finance Director (Permanent)[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Manufacturing , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Zambia Sugar Plc
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, June 13 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This executive position is based at Nakambala and reports to the Country Managing Director. The successful incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the stability of a company’s finances through driving the delivery of Zambia Sugar’s required financial performance and strategic initiatives.
• Strategically align the country Finance function to the Illovo country and group business objectives.
• Enforce a strong governance and control framework that meets stakeholder requirements.
• Develop a customer centric, business partnering finance function that delivers continuous improvement.
• Provide selected financial services (through the Shared Service Centre).
• Ensure finance function fully leverages available support from the Illovo group (HO and other countries).
• Build financial capability and decision support within the Finance team.
• Develop and implement the finance strategy aligned to the business finance objectives and supports the operational objectives of Zambia Sugar.
• Manage the plan, budget and forecasting process to ensure strategic alignment to business objectives.
• Generate detailed analytical insights on the overall performance of Zambia sugar for creation of practical action plans to deliver maximum value.
• Deliver strategic alignment of Zambia Sugar risk and governance framework to key stakeholder requirements.
• Supporting the business to deliver appropriate corrective actions to mitigate known risks and governance deficiencies.
• Drive the financial planning of the company by assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and investments.
• Oversee all audit and internal control operations.
• Develop a continuous improvement mindset within the finance function, continuously driving to improve processes and reduce the cost of finance.
Qualifications and Experience
• BSc in Accounting/Finance
• Chartered Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Global Management Accountant (CIMA).
• MSc in Finance /MBA or related programme will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 10 years industry experience in Finance post qualification.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Senior Executive roles.
• Proven experience as Director of Finance or similar role.
• Proven track record of delivering organizational results that exceed expectations.
• Proven track record of building strong collaborative and effective working relationships with senior leadership (i.e., directors) to deliver the organization’s objectives.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and change and provide a stabilizing presence.
• Ability to work effectively across multiple functions, business units and teams.
• Proven track record in managing and developing teams.
• An analytical mind with a strategic ability and excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
• In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws, and best practices.
• Excellent knowledge of relevant legislative and regulatory standards.
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) – Mandatory.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Should you be interested in applying for any of the roles, please submit your application with a detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations, and ID/Passport to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Ensure that you indicate the position you are applying in the subject line of the mail
Closing date for applications is Close of business 13th June 2023 at 17:00hrs.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.