Vacancy title: Finance Director[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Human Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Precision Recruitment
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, May 19 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, May 04 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Working under the overall direction of the CFO, and in coordination and collaboration with the Company technical staff, the Finance role is to plan, design and co-ordinate the implementation of sound accounting and financial management and control systems and procedures for all operational areas and to facilitate the maintenance of accurate and up to date financial and accounting records for effective and smooth running of all company business operations, including all the decision-making under changing environmental circumstances.
You will, in coordination with the Human Resources Department, also ensure effective management of human resources and administration activities in Finance so that good staff morale is maintained for the required motivation and commitment leading to accomplishment of the company’s mission and goals. In addition, you will guide and advise the management on all financial and accounting as well as human resources development matters and actively participate in and discharge the responsibilities as a member of the Senior Management. These responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Procurement / Contracts
Due to the need for strong financial management and accounting skills we are seeking candidates who are professionally qualified accountants with current membership and designation of Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant in addition to the other listed skills above.
At least 10 years’ experience in a senior finance management position in the private sector with clear and demonstrated high-level skills in: skills and experience to provide support to the Company program in the following areas:
• Financial management, accounting and reporting
• Payroll preparation and administration
• Budget preparation
• The Company management and accounting
• Information technology
• Risk and audit management
• Office administration.
• Computer literacy, particularly using accounting software is a must.
• A bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field.
• Prior experience in Sub-Sahara Africa required.
• Able to skillfully complete AFS, oversee statutory audit, and ZRA tax compliance.
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Desired skills, attributes, and experience as follows:
• Diploma or Master’s degree preferred;
• Zambian experience preferred; African experience a must;
• African citizen preferred;
• Apply excellent computer skills in MS Office, database management, accounting software, etc.;
• Travel to the Company locations within Zambia, as required;
In short, we are a values-based, and mission-driven social enterprise. We seek a real team player who believes in our mission, and is driven to help us succeed. A sense of humor, enthusiasm, and a passionate team-based attitude and approach is strongly desired in the selected candidate.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.