Deadline of this Job:
12 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
There is no about us detail available.
To lead the central finance team in delivering best practice and consistent quality outputs. A thought champion, the incumbent will need to drive constant process improvement and ensure an efficient and effective department is in place. The role involves both strategic input into the broader finance and bank strategy as well as operational input into the day to day deliverables of the team.
Experience and qualifications
• Minimum qualification : Degree in Finance.
• Additional required certification : Chartered Accountant (ACCA or CIMA).
• Additional required certification : MBA an added advantage.
• Experience : 5 to 8 years post qualification experience in financial reporting in banking or financial institution.
• 2 years in managing a Finance team and manging people.
• Work with CFO to formulate and implement finance department strategies, objectives, policies and procedures and to align these to the bank’s objectives.
• Ensure appropriate staff structures, skills and competence to allow for best practice, continuity and high impact delivery team is in place.
• Implement people resource planning in line with delivery and performance objectives and within budget. Work with CFO to ensure that the department is fully resourced.
• Ensure talent management practices in line with HR policies and procedures
• Ensure skills in Finance are transferred in specific functions.
• Review staff efficiencies in Finance department.
• Ensure effective conflict resolution in Finance department and respond to complaints or concerns timeously.
• Redesign processes to improve efficiencies and reduce reliance on individual staff members.
• Automate processes as much as possible so that staff members in Finance department can spend time on value added services.
• Ensure accurate monthly reporting within strict deadlines for submission to CFO and FirstRand.
• Ensure accurate reporting in respect to FirstRand group half year interim Fas pack and year end Fas pack.
• Management of the bank’s tax affairs including review of the tax computation and related supporting schedules for submission.
• Ensure monthly reports to EXCO, Group Head office are prepared and delivered on time.
• Ensure quarterly reports to Board and other sub committees are delivered on time.
• Ensure that matters that require attention from the board by Finance department are dealt with on time.
• Ensure monthly and quarterly prudential returns to regulators are delivered on time.
• In relation to procurement and accounts payable, work with the procurement department to ensure that the highest quality of service is maintained whilst maintaining the internal controls environment.
• Ensure full automation of the procurement and accounts payable processes.
• Ensure adequate cost containment initiatives in the functional area.
• Ensure procurement department drive appropriate cost saving initiatives.
• Control expenditure planning and reporting in Finance department.
• Ensure the appropriate taxes on operating expenses are remitted to the tax authorities in line with due dates.
• Lead projects and initiatives in Finance department that support overall strategic goals.
• Ensure the interim and the year-end external audits run smoothly. Coordinate the Finance department and other relevant stakeholders to ensure that audit queries are attended to timeously.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.