Finance Intern – eSCMIS Project
Jobs at:John Snow Health Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, October 09 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 04 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Background and Purpose:
JSH seeks a dynamic candidate for the position of Finance Intern to be based in Lusaka, Zambia for a six (6) month period. The Finance Intern will provide support to the Finance unit to help achieve the eSCMIS project and JSH organizational goals and objectives. The Finance Intern will work under the supervision of the Senior Accountant and will provide administrative support to the Operations Unit.
• Under the supervision of the Senior Accountant, the Intern will be responsible for the following but not limited tasks
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy, accepted accounting practices and USAID rules and regulations
• Ensure that payment vouchers and journal entries are fully signed and sequentially filed in box files for easy retrieval.
• Ensure that payment vouchers and journal entries are signed and sequentially filed electronically.
• Ensure that all payment vouchers for vendors have all supporting documentation.
• Ensure that all vouchers including petty cash are fully approved and stamped before filing.
• Reporting and attending to any gaps in terms of missing documents
• Filing of all audit evidence used by external auditors in a sequential manner
• Ensuring the secure management of all data files and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of the financial documents and reports;
• Ensure that Bank recons are fully signed and filed both electronically and physically
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Accountant or other senior staff.
• Assist in processing requests mobile money payments.
• Assist in compiling support documents for mobile money payments.
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications or skills:
• ACCA Part 2/CIMA Part 2/ Diploma in Accountancy
• At least 1 year of financial & administrative experience.
• Excellent verbal & written English.
• Ability to take initiative & work in teams.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel.
• Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
Deliverables and Schedule
• Maintain auditable records for all Finance items which include all supporting documentation
• Electronically file audit ready vouchers, Journal Vouchers, Bank reconciliations
• Prepare audit ready Payment Vouchers and ensure accuracy
• Prepare audit ready mobile payments with adequate support documentation
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
To Apply: Send an application via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line please indicate “Finance Internship.” Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Closing Date: Monday, October 09, 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.