Finance Manager – Financial Reporting & Control
Jobs at:Sanlam Life Insurance
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We’re in the business of planning for tomorrow. The never-ending pursuit of meticulously crafting our clients’ futures. We do this by truly appreciating the value of money and turning the materials we’re given into something more. It’s our trade and it is something we are passionate about. It’s what makes us Live with Confidence. Sanlam Life Insurance Zambia Limited seeks to recruit qualified and experienced professionals in the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer – The role of the Finance Manager – Financial Reporting & Control is to design and use performance measurement systems for external reporting and internal management to create a more effective environment.
Purpose of the role
• Supervise the daily management & maintenance of Salam Zambia’s general ledger.
• Review of monthly journals for accruals, provisions, and amortization of expenses
• Monitoring and review of monthly balance sheet schedules and reconciliations
• Review monthly reconciliation with business and operations.
• Review and sign off of uploaded reconciliations and support documentation on Blackline online reconciliation tool.
• Management and maintenance of SLIZ’s Fixed Assets Register
• Co-ordinate the period fixed assets verification exercise
• Computation of the monthly Expected Credit Loss
• Manage risk and compliance deliverables for Finance.
• Co-ordination of internal and external audits
• Preparation of annual financial statements
• Ensure effective financial controls are in place to protect assets and meet regulatory requirements.
• Establish and report on essential company financial metrics.
• Research, develops and implements tools and processes that support the Company’s financial strategy.
• Directs the Company’s annual strategic planning process and serves as a key member of the executive team in determining the Company’s strategic direction.
• Contributes to managing relationships with rating agencies, reinsurers, auditors and any additional outside vendors as needed.
• Understands and mitigates key elements of the Company’s risk profile.
• Develops credibility for the Company by providing timely and accurate analysis of expense targets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist other executives in performing their responsibilities.
• Serves as Treasurer of the Company and maintains fiduciary responsibility on behalf of the company.
• Directs and manages the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and statements of cash flows and other required reports for internal and external use.
• Ensures all financial reports are prepared with the highest ethics and financial integrity and are in alignment to achieve the Company’s strategic business plan.
• Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decisions affecting the organization i.e., evaluation of potential alliances, business expansion and investments.
• With the CEO, oversees all aspects of the investment program of the company.
• Establish and implement administration and logistics procedures in line with the organizational requirement.
• Establish and manage all procurement and logistic activities including management of vehicles and drivers.
• Oversee and supervise the administrative function including property/facility management, safety of the work environment and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations.
• Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
Minimum qualifications and experience
• Grade 12 (or equivalent)
• Full Professional qualification ACCA, CIMA, ZICA, CA Zambia or equivalent) a bachelor’s degree in accountancy will be an added advantage.
• Member of ZICA
• Minimum of five (5) year’s relevant experience in a Multinational, highly performance driven culture environment in financial services and/or a senior Auditing House.
• Minimum of 5 years in the financial services industry at supervisory level
• Experience with external financial reporting, including preparation of statutory financial statements.
• Experience working with a regulated entity will be advantageous.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should apply to the Executive Head of Human Capital, Sanlam Life Insurance Zambia Limited, Zenera House, Corner Lagos and Lubuto Roads P.O. Box 31991, Lusaka Zambia or email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31 May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.