Finance Manager – Leader
Jobs at:Enko Education
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, August 24 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, August 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Do you have responsibilities as a motivator? Are you driven by accountabilities and the impact that you can have in your professional environment? Do you love to jump from short-term to long-term perspective in your field of expertise? Have you dreamed to write down on your CV that you had been a business-partner? Are you a tech-savvy type of finance professional with an external-auditor background as part of your portfolio of technical skills?
• Then, our vibrant and inspirational company is looking for someone like you in Zambia. We are looking for our new Finance Manager. You will be responsible for the financial health of all our current and future schools in the country. You will work not only with the school directors, but also with the regional director and the finance team of the Enko Education group, which is based at our headquarters in Johannesburg.
• The Finance Manager (FM) has the ultimate responsibility for all the financial matters of the operations under their scope. Must assume the mandate from the HoS to autonomously manage the finances of the school as their direct Business Partner. The FM is therefore a finance expert, exercising a hands-on approach, whilst being the sole point of reference for all finance and compliance related matters and is the main contact with key stakeholders of the entities in scope. FM actively exercises their analytical skills to continuously improve the financial processes. The FM is the manager of the support functions in the absence of the HOS and is in a position to lead others with influence and assertiveness.
The ideal candidate:
• has a real mastery of local accounting laws and regulations (External Audit experience of min 2-3y preferred, must have had practical experience in accounting of min 2-3y, from transaction recording to financial statements reporting and analysis)
• is tech savvy: proficient with Google suite, prior experience using ERPs, cloud accounting software, BI and demonstrated aptitude to embrace new technologies
• can demonstrate an outstanding written & oral communication (clear communicator who is capable of presenting financial results in Board meetings, in a compelling and convincing manner). Bi-lingual French/English preferred.
• is Intrapreneurial (autonomy, assertiveness, self-drive)
• is aAgile: anticipatory, both detail and big-picture oriented, critical as well as strategic thinker,
• has the capacity to anticipate problems and exercise a solution oriented mindset, applying critical thinking whilst being able to see the bigger picture. FM to be emotionally mature and not driven by the need to please others.
• is able abel to take ownership of topics, and drive them until crossing the finish line (rigourous and end-result focused).
• Accountable for the execution of all finance macro processes including but not limited to Audit, budget and financial reporting
• The internal finance Manager playbook is fully applied and leverage upon for team management
• Full compliance with local tax laws and legal regulations. All company’s local tax obligations are fulfilled Technical enquiries addressed (eg: audit) Board meetings / General Assembly pack timely and accurately delivered
• All finance fundamental KPIs are actively managed and achieved. Design, implement and drive corrective actions if not timely achieved
The candidate must be legally authorized to work in Zambia. Knowing the educational landscape of Zambia is a plus.
About Enko Education
• Enko Education is a fast-growing network of African international schools, increasing access to the world’s best universities for learners across Africa. Enko Education has developed innovative programmes leading to globally recognized and sought after qualiﬁcations. We are able to offer those at a fraction of the cost charged by Enko Education is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to inclusion, a diverse workforce and valuing differences. other international schools in Africa. Furthermore, Enko learners are supported in their higher education applications through our university guidance programme. It supports them in selecting the right universities and then securing both admission and ﬁnancing for their studies. We offer an outstanding learning experience striving to educate our learners with Africa at heart and the world in mind.
• The Enko Education model is showing impressive results with learners joining top universities like Yale University (USA), Sciences Po (Fr), the University of Toronto (Canada), African Leadership University (Rwanda) and many more.
• Enko Education’s network today includes 13 schools across 9 African countries, and aims to reach 60 more schools in at least 20 African countries over the next ﬁve years. The group is funded by international institutions such as Proparco, I&P, OikoCredit, BIO, LiquidAfrica, Adiwale partners.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.