Finance Manager & Business Controller – Central Africa Sales Area
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, September 21 2023
Date Posted: Friday, September 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the job
• Our Company and Culture
• Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a globally recognized leader in supplying equipment, tools, parts, service, and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. As a business area within the Sandvik Group, we are proud to employ approximately 44,000 people across more than 150 countries.
• Our commitment to sustainability is unwavering, and we conduct business in a responsible and ethical manner. Our core values prioritize safety above all else, and we always operate with consideration for the environment and the communities in which we work. Our commitment to integrity and building relationships based on honesty, respect, and trust is paramount.
• We recognize that our strength lies in diversity, and we are committed to fostering a workplace that values inclusion, fairness, and respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
• Join us at Sandvik, where we are dedicated to delivering excellence and innovation in the mining and construction industries.
• Ensure Net Working Capital is effectively managed.
• Analyze financial information
• Identify improvement areas
• Develop action plan
• Execute agreed actions plans
• Report on improvements resulting from action plans
• Develop & execute strategies to improve Networking Capital
Effective Control Measures
• Ensure that risk to Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is contained through putting controls in place and monitoring and correcting deviations
• Act as a business partner and advisor to the business line manager
• Perform profitability analysis (business cases) before any new contracts/contract amendments are entered into thereby ensuring appropriate business opportunities are targeted and pursued, and limiting the risk to Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology of marginal/unprofitable business / business impact analysis
• Make recommendations
• Accountable for and measured on monthly balance sheet and P&L for customer segment
• Produce timely and accurate management reports
• Ensure that costs are controlled and that deviations from budget are investigated and rectified
• variance analysis, identify issues, develop solutions
• Take remedial action (e.g. alignment of headcount with business demands)
• Responsible for budgeting and forecasting
• Manage projects which cut across business areas (e.g. Accounts receivable, service exchange)
• Engage with both the business & customers
• Analyse data
• Develop solutions/action plans for implementation (operational and/or financial)
• Grade 12 / Equivalent qualification
• BCOM Honours Degree in Finance CIMA (ACMA status)
• 5+ years post-qualification experience with:
• Experience in setting up internal control policies and procedures
• Experience in managing inventory systems, budgets, and forecasts
• Advanced Computer literacy
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.